Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

And Kompany is out now for at least a month. Might give us a slim chance of getting something.

Add to his absence the fact they've 4 games in 10 days ( I think) .Away to Chelsea on the Saturday then away to us on the Tuesday.

Jesus Christ, have you read this statement from Charlton AFC?

Dear Fans,

Last Sunday, some individuals did not come to The Valley to watch the game and support the team, but came to create disorder on the pitch and interfere with the players and the game. Disorder which is, allegedly, needed to drive change in ownership and management.

Whom would they expect the club to be sold to? How long would a sales process take? Is it easier to sell the club when it is in League One rather than Championship?

Some individuals seem to want the club to fail. This is a confused approach, since following this logic leads to exactly the opposite of what we all want: staying in the Championship.

Allegations regarding the CEO are misrepresented* and are continuously used as a method to discredit and fuel personal abuse, hatred and with a risk to personal safety.

Although certain individuals tell you it does not happen, in recent weeks Roland Duchatelet has met the fans, the CEO has met with several different groups of fans and the communications team have attended several fans meetings. We will continue these meetings and constructive dialogue with fans.

We have 9 games left in which we have to get 6 points more than our competitors.

The team just got 7 points out of 3 games.

We still have the chance to make it happen with the support of the fans until the very last game. We must believe it is still possible. Every football fan knows the 12th man is a crucial factor in the success on the pitch.

*I think the difference is also because fans don't see themselves as customers and {…} they go to the restaurants with their families every week and they go to the cinema but if they aren't satisfied with the product will they go and scream to the people in charge of it? No they don't, but they do it with a football club and that's very weird (meaning unique) because they feel a sense of ownership of a football club and that's a really difficult balance of how you try and engage with fans and make them, incorporated into some of the decisions of the club, {…}.

That's not burning bridges, it's eradicating all life on the planet.

It's properly snidey as well "although certain individuals tell you".

Also, if I'm sufficiently dissatisfied with a restaurant, or a cinema I will go and complain to the people in charge of it. And if the only time I get to do that is as part of a crowd, then sure I'll shout.

Edited by The Fish

It's things like that that should make us grateful for what we have ;)

There's always someone worse off than you. :aye:

;)

Any Maths bods out there know how I can better calculate permutations of results? 9 events, 3 possible mutually exclusive outcomes for each. Obviously I'm talking about W,D,L. Also it doesn't matter if it's;

5xW, 2xD, 2xL or

5xW, 2xL, 2xD obviously.

It's been so long since I did Permutations and Combinations, I can't for the life of me remember how to work it out, rather than manually working out each variation. I've done that and come up with 55. It'd be useful if I could punch in a formula that works out the variations though.

Edited by The Fish

Just heard stupid Pearce give a mention to managers who go under the radar but are doing a good job and he just mentioned Pardew.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stupid Pearce!

• Guest locked this topic