Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

I'd give it to Fat Sam.Anything that makes the makems unhappy.

Why would fist giving his son to Sam allardyce upset the mackems?

I hope not, as that would significantly improve them

He did a good job at Everton (although not as good as SBR for us in the same period) but was shite at Man Utd and even worse than that at Sociedad

The Mackems owner seems reluctant to spend anything too meaning they are stuck with the squad they had last season minus whickham, fletcher, yedlin and m'vila. And the £8mil they paid for Alvarez who doesn't play for them anymore :lol:

I'm not worried, as I said in my last sentence they're permanently shite. He's a decent manager, maybe he has lost his way though but he'd still be the best they've had in a long time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/21/sam-allardyce-and-the-american-lesson-that-buries-the-myth-of-hi/

Sam's the man because of a summer 30 years ago spent playing for Tampa Bay Rowdies :lol:

We've heard all this cosmic fuckin buffoonery about him being one of the first managers to introduce proper sports science into the English game. What the fuck has he done with it though? Where have there been startling successes with it? He did ok with Bolton, that's fair, but one fifth place finish doesn't make you fuckin close to what KK achieved here. When he eventually got here, he was given a budget he's not had before or since and basically built the team who got relegated a year later. I'd like to know who represented who, and who got what in some of those deals, I think him and his son are a couple of pretty dodgy characters when it comes to transfer deals.

So there you go, just below mediocre in ability and untrustworthy to the point of utter money-obsessed selfishness; just about right for the FA...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/21/sam-allardyce-and-the-american-lesson-that-buries-the-myth-of-hi/

Sam's the man because of a summer 30 years ago spent playing for Tampa Bay Rowdies :lol:

We've heard all this cosmic fuckin buffoonery about him being one of the first managers to introduce proper sports science into the English game. What the fuck has he done with it though? Where have there been startling successes with it? He did ok with Bolton, that's fair, but one fifth place finish doesn't make you fuckin close to what KK achieved here. When he eventually got here, he was given a budget he's not had before or since and basically built the team who got relegated a year later. I'd like to know who represented who, and who got what in some of those deals, I think him and his son are a couple of pretty dodgy characters when it comes to transfer deals.

So there you go, just below mediocre in ability and untrustworthy to the point of utter money-obsessed selfishness; just about right for the FA...

I've lost track of the amount of pundits who have said 'look at what he did with Okocha' as proof he deserves to be England manager.

That was 14 fucking years ago :lol:

A little clip of Jimmy Armfield was on the radio this morning while I was driving to work talking about Allardyce

"He's got no medals, no trophies or anything. What I think is a good thing about him is that wherever he's been he's had some measure of success"

Complete fucking nonsense.

He'll do better than Hodgson, but I think Cameron's fellating pig could manage that.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, despite how Hodgsons reign went Allardyces career is considerably less successful at club level.

The only thing he's won is the Third division with Notts county having relegated them to that division the season before, even when he brought west ham up he couldn't get an automatic spot.

He's been appointed because a pragmatic Portugal just won the Euro championships, no other reason.

The FA decision making on managers has been a shambles for well over a decade. Not all their fault as all the good British managers are Scottish and none of them would go near the job.

Anyone who watched us the half season he was here knows he was taking us down if he hadn't got sacked. Something that's always grated with me is that he's seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about our support ever since, similar to Sounness, without having the humility or self-awareness to admit that maybe he wasn't up to the job. I was at Stoke away in the cup which I think was his last game (KK was in the stands for the replay iirc) and it was one of the most turgid, lacklustre performances I've ever seen from any team. They still got applauded off and I don't remember Allardyce getting any abuse, although there was a home game around that time when there was a bit of "you don't know what you;re doing". He's an absolute charlatan, he's good for one thing only and that is getting small clubs to "overperform" (i.e. stay up) by playing pure dinosaur football. It would be hilarious if they don't qualify for the world cup.

Everyone agrees in retrospect that he would have taken us down / done utter shite. However, what pisses me off is that there was very little descent or calls for him to leave but since all the fans look back with critical eyes at his time, that translates into fans clamouring to get rid of him, which is revisionist nonsense.

I think the only thing i heard was 'allardyce for England' ( :lol: ) either against Liverpool or Portsmouth at home as we were getting played off the park and stuffed to boot. There might have been some other critical noises coming from the stands but nothing more than any other time the team plays like shit and gets beaten badly.

• Guest locked this topic