Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

the soldiers who fall in them aren't. they're following orders

Outside of conscription, it's a choice to join up - it's the contractors on the death star analogy.

I know when I've stated this view before others like Alex have mentioned that joining up can be not a completely free choice due to economic context which I fully accept but I still think the world war/other conflict difference can be used as a choice making factor.

I also think it gets more politicised year by year.

I also think it gets more politicised year by year.

It seem's that way to me too.

As the world wars slink further and further away from living memory (there are no remaining WW1 fighters are there?) it will only get worse as people bring their grief/remembrance oneupmanship to the fore like they do with everything.

I'm with ewerk - doesn't seem right to me to insist on having the poppy on the shirts. And now that twat May has waded in with some total guff about not being told what to do by FIFA, it definitely doesn't seem right. 

Two British teams playing in Britain should be able to wear them without fear of offending anyone tbf.  

Two lads could play the game on an x-box in the cellar and someone, somewhere would try to be offended.

• Guest locked this topic