Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Thought HF might appreciate this :D How the PL table would look if you took into consideration, and scored appropriately for, which teams have played harder opposition and which teams had goals that were against the run of play and therefore not justified:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/08/premier-league-table-liverpool-top-burnley-west-ham

Burnley move up to 6th, West Ham would be bottom.

Thought HF might appreciate this :D How the PL table would look if you took into consideration, and scored appropriately for, which teams have played harder opposition and which teams had goals that were against the run of play and therefore not justified:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/08/premier-league-table-liverpool-top-burnley-west-ham

Is it just me, or should there be 3 or 4 tables in that piece?

I was doing that sort of thing to discredit the start we made under Pardew back in 2011.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/31769-whos-had-the-easiest-start/?hl=easiest

I think it's a good sort of measure of who is under or overperforming, but the table won't necessarily trend towards a more "real" order over time as the confidence bred by early success is much easier to  maintain and the negativity generated by poor early form is harder to turnaround.  So Leicester win the title and Newcastle go down, despite not being the best or 3rd worst collection of players.

That reminds, me, I made this graph measuring attendance against success the other day. Just thought it was worth setting out here...

Cwp9aTUXAAE8AO1.jpg

;)

Edited by Rayvin

That reminds, me, I made this graph measuring attendance against success the other day. Just thought it was worth setting out here...

Cwp9aTUXAAE8AO1.jpg

;)

:lol:

I'm excited for the next step in Happy face data representations.

I've been playing with google sheets animated charts.  

for example you can go year by year making bubbles bigger and smaller on a scatter plot.

Just need to work out how to tweet them or paste them in here.

Best option I can think of is just a twitter video of my screen, but that is awful.

Roy Keane

Ireland coach Roy Keane has reacted to James McCarthy’s withdrawal from their squad by taking aim at Everton.

Martin O’Neill accused Ronald Koeman of “bleating” about McCarthy last week, and he has since made himself unavailable for Ireland with a hamstring injury.

“We’ve had a problem with Roberto Martinez previously – I always felt the Everton players were going to turn up on crutches,” said Keane.

“They shouldn’t be so quick to stop Irish players coming to play for Ireland.

“(Darron Gibson) misses a hell of a lot of games for Everton… so maybe they need to look at their own training schedule.

“I’m not sure when they last won a trophy, so maybe as a club, their players need to toughen up a bit.”

Yeah I thought it lacked for tables as well. Maybe a space issue.

Online? Nah, it's just laziness and hatred of tables that's the problem.

That's a raker animation HF, nice work. The amount of time both clubs spend in the bottom right illustrates what an anomaly the north east of England I when it comes to interest in football.

If only you could make it 3D with years since last trophy on the z axis....

Yeah, it's a YouTube video. Just pause it :)

Lolz

but seriously, with the two dots flying about the place it loses clarity, if it paused briefly at key points in history it would be better.

• Guest locked this topic