Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Walked past Mark Clattenberg in the Metro today. Strutting about like a peacock and dressed like a 15 year old :D

Aye, but what was he doing/wearing?

• Like 6

Just watched PL Legends with Sol Campbell.

Just basically called the FA Racist.  Said if he was white he would have been England Captain more than 3 times.  Said he was the best defender in the world.

Undoubtedly a top class centre back but he's a right twat. He would've been a good captain for England but he was playing at a time when England were blessed with leaders such as Adams, Shearer and Gerrard. He probably would have been a better captain than Beckham but Sven was in awe of Beckham. 

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Just watched PL Legends with Sol Campbell.

Just basically called the FA Racist.  Said if he was white he would have been England Captain more than 3 times.  Said he was the best defender in the world.

Wasn't Paul Ince captain before all of this? How does that fit into his theory?

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

Undoubtedly a top class centre back but he's a right twat. He would've been a good captain for England but he was playing at a time when England were blessed with leaders such as Adams, Shearer and Gerrard. He probably would have been a better captain than Beckham but Sven was in awe of Beckham. 

Two one club men and a strange fucker who chucked a dozen medals away to play for his home town v a self centred prick who let his contract run down so he could join his club's hated rivals for at the time the biggest pay day in English football is not what captains were made of :lol:

I'm fairly sure Louise Taylors written our entry for this under an assumed name.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/premier-league-fans-all-47-clubs-best-worst-moments

Carver took us down and Ben Arfa is a favourite player apparently. Much as I like Hatem he barely registers when it comes to quality/entertaining wingers of the PL era for us.

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I'm fairly sure Louise Taylors written our entry for this under an assumed name.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/premier-league-fans-all-47-clubs-best-worst-moments

Carver took us down and Ben Arfa is a favourite player apparently. Much as I like Hatem he barely registers when it comes to quality/entertaining wingers of the PL era for us.

:lol: he wasn't even at the club was he?

I loved watching Ben Arfa, but he's 3rd on the list of "Mercurial French Left Wingers". 

Edited by The Fish

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

:lol: FFS

The Newcastle account on Facebook put up a video of some of the players arriving for the first day of training, all the players manage the task of walking into the training centre without issue until Colback who drops his shoes :lol: 

• Like 1

• Guest locked this topic