Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

1 hour ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Rooney signs for Everton. Not entirely sure how he's gonna fit into that team.

Well they've sold their best striker and replaced him with a Spanish kid who might turn out to be pony, and they've also lost delofeu. They are a bit light up front so makes sense to get him in 

20 hours ago, ewerk said:

It'll be as much to raise their profile abroad than anything. And even that won't be too successful.

That and improving the sales of their pyjamas

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Crystal Palace definitely see themselves as the cool, hipster choice in England, like. And not a load of parrot-bothering, drum-banging taxi drivers.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why is 'bloody' one of ours though? :lol: As in 'bloody Newcastle...' I guess, but still a weird one. You'd think it'd be 'fucking'.

I'd like to see their work tbh because some of them are a little too perfect.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jason-denayer-accuses-manchester-city-10781496

Basically quotes from Denayer saying he is happy enough to leave Man City, but he's unhappy that if he's sold they want to put in a buyback clause at roughly the same value as his current transfer fee. And if he goes out on loan he wants to go to a club that's playing at the top of it's league (Lyon) rather than the struggling side (Girona) Man City prefer.

Apparently there's further quotes where he bemoans the lack of things to do in Sunderland too. That's gone down well...

Edited by The Fish

He's fucking shite isn't he? I'm not sure why Man City are even arsed about trying to put in a clause like that, I suppose it's just a safety thing in case he suddenly becomes really good. These clauses are going to be a real problem going forward, I know they've been big for a while with sides like Barca, Juve, etc but they seem to be becoming big here now too, it's just another way of the bigger sides having huge amounts of players on their books while giving them all experience.

It's shite really as we're just going to see these Morata type of deals more often where they sell the player and once he starts garnering interest they exploit the clause only intending to sell him on for a profit, hopefully more players will do what Delofeu (reportedly) did and knock the deal back but it's not likely.

• Guest locked this topic