Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Check out the big brain on Dave.

Hey! Some people need shit spelled out for them.

He apparently said "Pora China" which apparently means "Fuck China".  That was the most :quotes: offensive :quotes: thing he said, but there were a couple of others.

Naive? Yes.  Xenophobic?  Get fucked.

Aye I read this. It's not really a PC issue IMO. China is populated by people who are just hopelessly insecure about their nation and how it is perceived, and fiercely nationalistic. Any slight against the motherland requires contrition and repentance.

Chelsea have issued a grovelling apology and China has threatened to ban them from ever returning. Nation of crybabies.

It's more the Western reaction I have a problem with.

Obviously if this lad was remotely serious he'd be attacking the totalitarian machine that persecutes these dumb fucks.

I actually think the Chinese government runs the country fairly well. Unfortunately they have a very emotionally immature populace. Someone in Taiwan (biased) once described mainland China as what would happen if you let chavs take over your country.

There's elements of truth in that.

As for the BBC, are they not just reporting that it happened? Has there been any wider commentary on the issue?

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I actually think the Chinese government runs the country fairly well.

I mean, they've got a pretty sweet deal compared to North Korea, I agree.

But you seriously want to stand up against Western government and the MSM and then give the Chinese government your blessing?

• Like 1

On 22/07/2017 at 1:32 PM, Anorthernsoul said:

Hagi's left foot was like a magic wand.

Scifo's was like a traction engine.

13 hours ago, adios said:

I mean, they've got a pretty sweet deal compared to North Korea, I agree.

But you seriously want to stand up against Western government and the MSM and then give the Chinese government your blessing?

Different needs for different requirements though. China is attempting to fast pace itself into a developed nation - I don't see any way of doing that without steamrolling over people's rights. They're also doing a decent job of controlling a populace who have become far too nationalistic, and are probably a greater threat without the CCP than they are with them, at this point in time.

Were they a developed country, then obviously the situation would be totally different. I will stress though, that they don't have my blessing. Just my understanding on a pragmatic level that some things (population control in a nation with 25% of the world's population and 8% of the world's fresh water) are more important than others (human rights with respect of having children).

20 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Different needs for different requirements though. China is attempting to fast pace itself into a developed nation - I don't see any way of doing that without steamrolling over people's rights. They're also doing a decent job of controlling a populace who have become far too nationalistic, and are probably a greater threat without the CCP than they are with them, at this point in time.

Were they a developed country, then obviously the situation would be totally different. I will stress though, that they don't have my blessing. Just my understanding on a pragmatic level that some things (population control in a nation with 25% of the world's population and 8% of the world's fresh water) are more important than others (human rights with respect of having children).

Fair enough; you clearly have a far better knowledge of China's infrastructure than I do.  Just doesn't seem very libertardian to me. <_<

My close-hand knowledge of China comes from a couple mates over there one of whom has gone from more pro-China than Xi to absolutely fucking hating them all in the space of ~3 months. Not exactly the most stable source.  :lol:

The other one is still very defensive about criticism of China having been there for years fwiw.

• Like 1

Koeman also said he is still interested in Swansea City midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson after the Welsh club rejected a £40m bid from the Toffees.

The Swans want £50m for the 27-year-old, who scored nine goals last season.

Meanwhile, Everton want around £50m for Barkley but that figure could fall before the transfer window closes on 31 August as he would be a free agent in 12 months' time.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40051032

WTF is going on? :lol:

• Guest locked this topic