Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

13 hours ago, ewerk said:

I could understand if he wanted to get out of Messi's shadow at one of Europe's biggest clubs but PSG ffs.

Aye, if his motivation is to be the main man he'd have been better off fluttering his eyes at Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea. Not because it's THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, but they're among the few clubs who could afford him, have a shout of winning major trophies and where he'd be the main man. 

At PSG he'll be a Whale Shark in a puddle, but nobody will care. Nobody cares who wins Ligue 1, or the french cups, and PSG aren't likely to win the Champions League any time soon even with Neymar up front. 

It doesn't make sense for PSG either. They could have bought 4 £50m players or 2 £100m players who would have improved them more than Neymar will. There's no doubting his talent but surely the opponents will jst endeavour to deny him the ball or deny him space? That will be a struggle for St Etienne, but Chelsea will be able to shut them down, so will Bayern and so on.

PSG this season will be like the kids who play FIFA on easy every night, but can't understand why they never beat real life players.

I wonder what their reasoning is behind that decision. They'd need to be fairly confident in their judgement as if they keep blocking it until the transfer window shuts and are subsequently found to be in the wrong then they could be hit with a massive claim from PSG.

56 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I wonder what their reasoning is behind that decision. They'd need to be fairly confident in their judgement as if they keep blocking it until the transfer window shuts and are subsequently found to be in the wrong then they could be hit with a massive claim from PSG.

Have I heard that not only does neymar want the move but he also wants a loyalty bonus from Barcelona?

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Hope it doesn't. Makes a mockery of ffp if it does.

Most of the super rich clubs do in one way or another anyway.

Coutinho has handed in a transfer request, of course. Liverpool have rejected it though. Looks like Barca and Real are going to have a harder time poaching players from the PL now... £90m sure as shit would have done it last year.

On 8/9/2017 at 11:20 AM, The Fish said:

Hang on, Pardew is a fucking Sky Sports pundit now?

Howay Kim lad, I'm done with this world.

Any excuse to bust out the Pards Nonce Dance pictures ;)

giphy.gif

He's dogshit like. Sub-Lawrension miserablist with minimal actual knowledge and no curiosity or interest in obtaining any. I've switched to James Richardson's new one and it's so much better purely for his absence. If he turns up there too, so help me god... :panic::lol:

• Like 1

• Guest locked this topic