Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

:lol: Bona drag and then some.

:lol:

Further :lol: for the Celtic fans on the previous page who I've just seen now. Fine work. :D

Hadn't seen that. Fucking mint :lol:

If this Aussie tennis player became a football player and he signed for us,would you laugh when his name was read out at SJP Thanasi Kokkinakis

Would that be at the unveiling or before the match? Provide the proper details man.

If this Roman senator, Bigus Dickus came back from the dead, and played football, and signed for us, and came on as a substitute, and if he scored a goal, would you laugh? I wouldn't. I would scream, 'Get in Biggus Dickus!' Then I would turn to person next to me and scream over the crowd, 'That's what she said!' Because I'm humorous af.

If this Roman senator, Bigus Dickus came back from the dead, and played football, and signed for us, and came on as a substitute, and if he scored a goal, would you laugh? I wouldn't. I would scream, 'Get in Biggus Dickus!' Then I would turn to person next to me and scream over the crowd, 'That's what she said!' Because I'm humorous af.

:lol: The mental image of that...

You reckon he injured himself so he wouldn't have to play and therefore keep himself injury free for a big money January move?

Interesting logic. :scratchchin:

No, just 2 stories about 'keepers...

cf6a3872dd21637a42594ca709769705.jpg

Gerrard vs Diouf

“I don’t really want to waste time thinking about El Hadji Diouf but it’s worth highlighting his wasted seasons at Liverpool as an example of how it can all go wrong,” Gerrard wrote.

“Gerard Houllier, a very good manager and a usually wise judge of character, signed Diouf in the summer of 2002. Gerard bought Diouf for £10m from Lens - solely on the recommendation of his former assistant, Patrice Bergues, who had coached Diouf there.
“I understood why Gerard rushed through the signing, but he did not really know Diouf as a person. He was one of three new signings which were meant to turn Liverpool into Premier League champions.
“We had finished as runners-up to Manchester United the season before and a combination of Diouf, Salif Diao and Bruno Cheyrou was supposed to drive us to the title. It was probably the biggest waste of £18m in Liverpool’s history.
“We finished the season in fifth place and Diouf had sealed his place at the top of the list of Liverpool signings I liked least.
“It seemed to me that Diouf had no real interest in football and that he cared nothing about Liverpool. For example, the way he spat a huge globule of gunky phlegm at a Celtic fan in a UEFA Cup match at Parkhead in March 2003 summed up his contemptuous and spiteful demeanour.
“A few people have since asked me if I saw any comparison between Diouf and Mario Balotelli - and I’ve always said no. I’ve got respect for Balotelli; I’ve got none for Diouf.
Balotelli can be endearing sometimes — and that’s never a trait that you would associate with Diouf. The only positive aspect of the otherwise ugly signing of Diouf is that he worked hard on the pitch. He always wanted the ball, and he never hid.
“But after a while I decided Diouf simply wasn’t your usual footballer. It seemed to me as if football got in the way of his social life.

"We all saw how he made life difficult for Mario Balotelli in Liverpool, I warned him. Liverpool are not a team that welcomes black unless they are British. Otherwise, you have no chance. This is common knowledge.

"Gerrard has never liked black people. When I was in Liverpool, I showed him that I was black, I'm not English, but I will not let him walk all over me. All the time I spent there, he never dared to look me in the eye.
"Gerrard is just jealous. What I have done in football, he did not. When I came to Liverpool, I came up with the status of boss and he lives there. I am respected in world football, the greatest football experts have appointed me among the seven best players in the World Cup, the top 100 players of the century. Several big players do not belong. Everywhere I go out of my country, they worship me. [Gerrard], wherever he goes outside his city of Liverpool, will be insulted."

:lol:

theyre both pretty unlikeable tbf

Aye, I suppose hockling on a fan is terrible whereas chinning a middle-aged DJ who wouldn't play your request is ok.

And that FIFA 100 list. Emre's on it :lol: But there's no place for the likes of John Charles, Jairzinho or Garrincha :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/celtic-write-fans-reminding-wash-6451792

Celtic write to fans reminding them to WASH after complaints about smelly supporters ruining games

2 COMMENTS 09:36, 16 SEPTEMBER 2015 UPDATED 10:00, 16 SEPTEMBER 2015

BY MARK MCGIVERN , MARK MCGIVERN

The club received a letter complaining that the stench of one supporter was so overpowering it was ruining the "experience" at games

Pungent: Not all Celtic fans are keen on personal hygiene, it seems

Celtic chiefs have been forced to write to the club's fans reminding them to WASH.

The remarkable revelation comes about after the club received a complaint regarding one particularly pungent individual at Celtic Park, report the Daily Record.

Supporters from one section of the stadium were stunned to receive a letter reminding them not to turn up to games stinking of BO.

The letter was originally thought to be a hoax but it transpired that officials had indeed acted to help create reduce the negative “impact” of the pong.

Celtic’s supporter liaison officer, John Paul Taylor, penned the letter after being officially approached by fans.

The letter, sent to one section of the main stand’s season ticket holders, claimed the smell was “impacting on the experience” of the match.

@paulthetim @celticrumours I can exclusively reveal its genuine, dispatched at the request of incumbents within the locale

— John Paul Taylor (@jpt1965) September 13, 2015

Taylor later took to Twitter, saying: “I can exclusively reveal its genuine, dispatched at the request of incumbents within the locale.”

Club officials refused to comment on the issue.

Taylor’s role, backed by UEFA, is designed to ensure that fans have a dedicated point of contact to represent the needs of fans.

:lol: seems the rhyming slang is apposite

• Guest locked this topic