How many Newcastle games have you been to?

McFaul

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that's not strictly true, my first game was a friendly between Man Utd and Liverpool at Windsor Park, Belfast. We were in the terraces and there was 30,000 there.

Billy Drennan’s testimonial at Windsor Park, Belfast in August 1983, Arthur Graham’s United debut. We were FA Cup holders at the start of a season in which that was the only trophy that Liverpool failed to win. Goals by Graeme Souness and Ian Rush put Liverpool in control and when Rush scored again within a minute of Norman Whiteside pulling a goal back the outcome looked inevitable but Kevin Moran scored half way through the second half and two goals in the last five minutes by Lou Macari gave us a four-three win and groundless optimism for another season spent trailing in the wake of the Liverpool steamroller.

http://action.joinmust.org/index.php/blog/entry/bring-the-boys-back-home-report-on-liverpool-v-manchester-united-at-miami-g/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/9130909440/in/photostream/

Why did you lie to us?

:lol:

I always forget about this game when 'first matches' comes up as I didn't support either of the reds. I just went along with my Liverpool supporting Uncle and cousin plus my late Granda and my Dad who like me supported NUFC.

My first game was vs Swindon in 1993 in Division 1. I think (but I'm not sure) it may have been Andy Cole's debut for the toon.

I don't remember much about the match, except we were right behind the goal. The pre kick off atmosphere was great including slagging off the Swindon keeper Fraser Digby, which was hilarious. Swindon still had terraces though and you could get really close to the goalie. There was a sustained verbal assault culminating in "How Digby, your wife sucks a mean cock!" which had everyone including Digby creased up.

We were ahead for most of the match but ended up drawing to an Andy Mutch goal scored in front of us. He made a point of celebrating in front of the toon fans, the twat The match kind of petered out after that.

I went to quite a few away games throughout the 90s and 2000s before I emigrated mainly in the south east.....the majority in London. Went to Wembley to see us in the charity shield v man utd. Have been a couple of times on trips back to the UK. I've been to SJP a few times but probably not into double figures yet.

I'm basically an OOT converted into an OOC.