First Pint or Drink in a pub/club

trooper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First bar I got served in was after getting back from Stoke, boxing day, 1989. It was The Hobby near the Bone Yard in Walker, it's knocked down now, it was the first and last time we went in. My usual haunts were Walkergate and I still remember My pals father giving me stick when he found out I was 18 after serving me regularly for over about 18 months. Used to be some heed the baals got in who were older but it was an eye opener seeing them and you were a bit wary back then being a bairn yourself really. Always recall walking in and hearing 'dancing naked in the rain' on the juke box while the radgies were dancing on the pool table. :lol: No idea what my first Toon bar was but bars that stick out were the Eldon, (shit), The Pineapple, (shit), Tux2, (good memories but shit) and Madisons nightclub. Used to sometimes pop up Shields Road for a couple of hours on a friday or down to Wallsend which was fucking stowed off back then. Went down the coast on the odd bank holiday and it was like being in 'The Warriors' getting back to Walkergate. :lol:

Take me dancin naked in the rain, fill me with ecstacy wooahhhh.....and I bet half the Walkergate were full of ecstacy back in them days. Apparently late 80s early 90s they were like UFO's, late 90s when my era had a gan they were tiny.

:lol:

I think mine was that well known Tyneside establishment The Sporty, Mill Wynd, Kelso ;)

First place I had a pint in Newcastle was the George and Dragon in Eldon Square.. fuckin starbucks now :glare:

Watched most of France 98 in there as a mouthy 20 year old.

Take me dancin naked in the rain, fill me with ecstacy wooahhhh.....and I bet half the Walkergate were full of ecstacy back in them days. Apparently late 80s early 90s they were like UFO's, late 90s when my era had a gan they were tiny.

Only had it the once, made me feel a tired and lazy. Whizz was my thing. Other stuff wasn't for Walker lads as it was rare and too expensive. (I'm just glad I wasn't ten years older and into glue bags!). :lol:

You had the Wolsy in Walkergate, The Colliery and the Ukulele/Railie, (Railway).

Before the drug thing took off in the late 80s early 90s a mate of mine use to have a large bottle of old English cider and a bottle of Venos cough mixture

Edited by trooper

It explains the excessive pooing of your pants, nowt worse than come-up shits.

6 times in my life I've followed through. The most embarrassing was I put 3 of my mates up at me sisters in Blackheath after the Charity Shield in 1996 when Man Utd did us 4-0. We were in Charing Cross Station at 11 that neet mortal and I followed through, they heard and saw. Three Lions by Skinner & Baddiel was number 1 in the charts that month and at the top of their voices for five minutes they sang, "he's followed through, he's followed through, he's followed, Stevie's followed through." Every fucka in the whole station was laughing at me. It was murder.

The Riverside and the Havelock were my underage drinking establishments locally, followed by 6th form parties at the Ritzy where we would go to Dobsons beforehand for trebles of some meths & diet coke for about a quid.

Drinks of choice would be Taboo & lemonade, Malibu & coke, Pernod & black, cider & black, Castaway, Hooch and Diamond White.

Not all in the same glass.