Swansea City V NUFC / 3PM KO

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as that game was, hopefully there were a few learning points for mclaren. Some of which were already pointed out by posters on here. 3 Main points for me.

Janmaat was playing well offensively just finding it difficult to contain montero. His first yellow was unnecessary and second was just down right stupid. I thought mbemba done well to control montero apart from the time they scored the goal. You can't just expect him to switch positions and totally control a player full of confidence and with no support from team mates.

And here comes my first point, the main reason we were exposed time and time again down that right, was because that bstard obertan left us exposed so many times without providing anything up front. He misplaced passes so many times and if this continues our new boys will give up making runs because they know only 1 out of 20 will come to them.

Controversially, If I had this crop of players at my disposal, I would play janmaat right wing, drop obertan and play mbemba full back. Taylor and colo central (I know both slow and vulnerable) but I genuinely feel 70% of our deficiencies are down to obertan and drastic measures are needed to correct them.

1. Light bulb needs to start on bench next game.

Mitrovic made his presence felt as soon as he came. Mclaren should have started him. The yellow card he got was an absolute joke. That ref was over excited about the players reputation and was biased in all his decisions against him.

2. Mitrovic needs to start next game. With or without cisse is for debate.

Colback and anita. Starting them 2 was suppose to sure up the defence away from home. But all it did was invite pressure and make us start the game on the back foot . Both played too deep in my opinion.

3. Either one of them needs to be pushed further up or be dropped.

Why put on rolando when we're down to 10 men and got none of the ball. Such an exciting talent being told to just Chase the ball.

Overall, lots of things to learn. Even if we lose against manure, we atleast need to put in a better performances

Wasn't Obertan on the left and Sissoko on the right? If so, how can you blame Obertan for not protecting Janmaat?

I'm certainly no fan of Obertan but he wasn't to blame for today.

We need wholesale changes, entire line-up is shit. I don't care if Obertan landed a lucky cross last week it doesn't mean you have to persevere with him. He's been here long enough for us to know his capabilities. Anita and Colback in the same team? What is even the fucking point in that? Perez our best player from last season not getting a look in? Ginge wants to sort this shit out pronto. Felt he could have staged an intervention with Janmaat as well. Every cunt could see it coming. Do something!

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

I predicted tears and as I've said it's early days but I can see us slipping in to Cardew territory unless we get more reinforcements.

What do you prioritise? We've painted ourselves into a corner a bit by having Wijnaldum, De Jong, Sissoko, Cabella and Perez. All narrow AM or number 10 types. So do we sign wingers and only play a couple from that list? Doubt we can afford that. We're left trying to shoehorn players into a line-up because we keep going for profit-potential over needs of the team. And our defence is still completely shit. Hand on heart I'd like an entire new back-line.

I think it's going to take time for the side to adjust to the way McClaren wants to play, but, at the same time, there are some areas that need addressing regardless of our style of play.

Midfield is one of those areas because, as you say, we definitely lack that bit of mongrel that every team needs in midfield. It's a difficult one because McClaren obviously wants ball players in the deeper midfield positions which is fine, but its leaving us wanting at times.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom just yet though. I think everyone should calm it down a notch. Yes. Janmaat had a stinker, but he's a good player. Everyone has bad days and he had an absolute shocker yesterday. I'm not ready to declare him complete turbo shit now though as a result.

Mbemba looks a player. Seems a quality player. Colo and him could work well together. It's just that the two of them playing together leaves us short (literally) in defence.

There are a lot of issues but they're not terminal. Not yet at least. There is more than one solution to our problems. Buying players is a must but its not an immediate fix. I have more confidence that McClaren can figure it out than I ever did with Pardew. So we have that.

Having just watched motd it would seem Janmaats red was inevitable at some point but looked soft as fuck in the ground. Mitrovic cant be anywhere near fit enough even to do 45 mins which is a shite state of affairs. Some lads saying Sissoko was feigning injury and is off to some club or other this week. All in all a thorouly depressing day. Swansea had a plan for everything we did, they put a man on Anita from the word go to put him under pressure receiveing the ball from Krul, yet we persisted with doing it. Tbf though theres been a lot of changes so we may have to be patient. For a while.