Haydnator

Rather a gutless winger than CM though. I wouldn't be bothered if we sold him, he's bit of a one trick pony. Proper fanny in challenges, hasn't got a huge range of passing all he can do is run at you.

I think he's a better player in the middle than on the wing but other than that I agree. Sell him and bring in someone who wants to play.

He's nowhere near as detestable as Taylor. Tbh I think he's fine. He does a decent enough job, quietly and he doesn't appear to be a knobhead.

Spot on there Gemmill. If we had the chance to do better I'd take it but we have bigger fish to fry before we get to improving on him. He's a player I'd be happy to see retained for the squad if we had the resources so that he didn't have to play every week too.

Yeah. Definitely. Obertan has done okay of late, but he doesn't offer anything approaching the sort of quality we need. Hopefully Thauvin is the answer.

I was going to say something about "Thauvin the best till last" but I've thought better of it

So often we hear, and its proven to be the case that it takes a year or so to adapt to the PL, especially from the like of the french league and yet off he goes and people are fine with it.

Theres no reason at all Cabella couldn't be a success here, assuming he is coached right and has the right attitude (and I've not heard a word spoken against that, unlike HBA, Cabaye or Thauvin) he's no smaller than a lot of other attacking mids knocking about in this league who have all adapted and star for their teams.

The fact he barely played for us in his preferred role has to have been detrimental also

Think Cabella has gone because we're well stocked in his position as opposed to him being a failure, when De Jong's bladder explodes next week though we mightn't look so well stocked.

Aye this is what it seems like tbh, it is a shame the lad wasnt really given a proper chance mind.

They can only sell/offload players who have attracted interest elsewhere and it needs to be somewhere where they can afford premier league wages or else the players won't go.

I hope Thauvin starts against Man Utd. He's match fit so no reason why he couldn't start from that perspective. Although our chances are slim it'd be a memorable introduction to the league and a good challenge for a young skilful player with it all to prove.

Is cabellla gone for good or do we have an option to recall? I think he showed enough glimpses of talent to deserve another go. Disappointed if that's him gone for good when you look at some of the other crap still on the books.

Is cabellla gone for good or do we have an option to recall? I think he showed enough glimpses of talent to deserve another go. Disappointed if that's him gone for good when you look at some of the other crap still on the books.

Loan with option to buy I think, 8 million the fee bandied about on twitter in that agreement.

Why would Rob Lee criticise our signing of Thauvin? There are far too many ex players allowed to make these irrelevant remarks.

Aye, we should definitely be able to stop people saying things.