Haydnator

I repeat,i saw a better left sided midfield player for South Shields last week.Wayne Philips the name in case you are reading this Brolly.

It was a shit anecdote then too.

• 2 months later...

Jesus wept. Let's loan out an attacking option when we're in a relegation battle. great idea.

mcclaren clearly doesn't fancy him, which is a shame because he's looked alright in patches. worth holding on to him ahead of the likes of obertan and gouffran, surely?

Apparently, he's asked for the move himself. Unsurprising given the shit he got at Watford.

Don't think he's cut out for the Premier League, less so that Cabella who he replaced. But there is quality and value to be found in the French league.

Apparently, he's asked for the move himself. Unsurprising given the shit he got at Watford.

Don't think he's cut out for the Premier League, less so that Cabella who he replaced. But there is quality and value to be found in the French league.

And that we keep playing a center midfielder or a striker on the wing rather than giving him the chance to bed into the league.

I was just about to say that's what it could be. So much for studying targets' attitudes.

Always a gamble though, isn't it? Cabaye looked to have the right mentality up until the point he went on strike. Ben Arfa looked like a right little shit bag, but immediately bought into the club?

And that we keep playing a center midfielder or a striker on the wing rather than giving him the chance to bed into the league.

Agree with this, and it's why I'm worried that if we do sign a striker, we'll drop Mitrovic and his acclimatisation will suffer.

At the end of the day we are facing the drop. If we can get a striker who can hit a barn door then whoop de woo.

Still think Mitrovic will come good when the set up of the team is more balanced.

Did you post this, just to post something?

There seems to be three random thoughts, one of which seems self-contradictory?

Anyone who gets upset when Ben Arfa is brought up shouldn't go on twitter any time soon. Quite a few people pointing out that we've wasted North of £25m trying to replace him.

Always a gamble though, isn't it? Cabaye looked to have the right mentality up until the point he went on strike. Ben Arfa looked like a right little shit bag, but immediately bought into the club?

Well the point of studying their mentality is to minimise the risk but that's two young, talented French wingers we've bought in consecutive summers for big fees who appear to lack the mental strength to succeed here.

Well the point of studying their mentality is to minimise the risk but that's two young, talented French wingers we've bought in consecutive summers for big fees who appear to lack the mental strength to succeed here.

To be honest I'd give Cabella a bigger break than Thauvin. I was never convinced by Florian, but Remy looked like a bit more time in the league could have seen him settle.

Either way, I agree that we signed the wrong characters, but I reckon we'd have seen better from them both had we played them alongside a Shelvey-type of player from the start. The type of football we've been forced to play isn't really conducive to getting the most out of the kind of personality they seem to have.

Ben Arfa had a certain confidence/arrogance that made him difficult to manage at times but certainly helped him when he was on the ball. If we could get someone with anywhere near that talent and confidence without the problems we'd be onto a winner.

Ben Arfa had a certain confidence/arrogance that made him difficult to manage at times but certainly helped him when he was on the ball. If we could get someone with anywhere near that talent and confidence without the problems we'd be onto a winner.

You look at the team that Stoke have assembled, Bojan, Shaqiri, Arnautović, Afellay. That's a lot of mavericks, but it's working. Mercurial talents lighting up the league, at Stoke?!

Anyone who gets upset when Ben Arfa is brought up shouldn't go on twitter any time soon. Quite a few people pointing out that we've wasted North of £25m trying to replace him.

Bloody hell we have haven't we. :lol:

We waste so much money trying to get good deals rather than buying players who are actually good.