Haydnator

To be fair to Thauvin I don’t think he got much of a chance, he basically had five months of McClarens management then was turfed out. 

Not sure where they get those values from mind, I saw the one for Salah had him worth 70m at the time Liverpool bought him for 34m and he’s rated at 134m or something now. Either way as Ewerk says I hope it’s really upset Ashley. 

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

tbf, I'm not sure he was ever going to do much over here, never really seemed suited for it but I suppose a more sensible set-up might have nurtured him properly. Not to mention he never really wanted to come over to England in the first place.

Yeah maybe not. I think your last point is a big part of it too, seemed like he was forced to move and never wanted any part of it. His lass was lush fwiw so I can see why he’d be gutted she had to layer up in Newcastle. 

He blatantly never fancied playing for us, we had been dogging him for years and he bobbed from one French side to another until finally the $$$ won and we got him over here to prance about for six months and dirty his boots maybe four times a match. He was absolute dogshit in our colours and he can be as good as he wants anywhere else in the world, I wouldn't have him back. 

4 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

He blatantly never fancied playing for us, we had been dogging him for years and he bobbed from one French side to another until finally the $$$ won and we got him over here to prance about for six months and dirty his boots maybe four times a match. He was absolute dogshit in our colours and he can be as good as he wants anywhere else in the world, I wouldn't have him back. 

I would. 

He's been one of the French players of the season, last time he was here he was managed by a clown, Rafa would mange him properly.

I'd have in back nee bother, when he's on the ball the crowd have a buzz standing up even sometimes.

There was a game early on in the season where he got a rough challenge in the first five minutes and hid for the next 85 minutes. Clear that he didn’t/doesn’t fancy the physical side of the Premier League where the likes of Dummett will clatter into you and clip away at your heels.

42 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Kenedy is by far the better player at a fraction of the price anyway.

I'll agree with you after he's played a lot more games. Thauvin despite his pea sized heart has played well for almost an entire season. If Kenedy does it for a full season then yes, I'd rather have him. Even better would be having both.

17 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

You weren't supposed to take what I said seriously. 

FFS

I'd love to see Messi up front with Ronaldo playing right back but it's not going to happen so no point in even mentioning it.

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

On 3/14/2018 at 07:22, Anorthernsoul said:

Kenedy is by far the better player at a fraction of the price anyway.

I know these list you can takr with a grain of salt but...

"Newcastle fans may rub their eyes in disbelief but, yes, this is that Florian Thauvin and, yes, his place in the FFT100 list is fully deserved.

He scored 22 league goals alone last season, was the only non-PSG player to make the four-man Ligue 1 Player of the Year shortlist, is already into double figures for goals this season, helped Marseille reach the Europa League final and collected a World Cup winners’ medal (albeit appearing on the pitch for only two minutes at the tournament).

At 25, Thauvin has finally added focus and consistency to his considerable natural gifts. What would Rafael Benitez give for his invention and goal threat now?"

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-best-football-players-world-2018-100-21