Haydnator

how many players over the years have looked like absolute donkeys for us only to then go on and perform elsewhere? we seem to have an unrivalled knack for getting the worst out of players

I always thought his ability was irrelevant to the point that imho his coming and going from NUFC was just a massive transfer scam and his demeanour on the pitch reflected this :cuppa:

oh and Steve McLaren was a useless fucker as well....

• Like 3

He never wanted to be at Newcastle, it seemed like he was persuaded to sign because of the bump in wages and the profit for his club. One day with McClaren was probably enough for him to decide he’d made a mistake. Plus his lass was probably wearing too many layers in the winter. 

Not excusing him for his attitude but I think a manager like Rafa would have got through that and had him playing, McClaren just made it worse. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I know these list you can takr with a grain of salt but...

"Newcastle fans may rub their eyes in disbelief but, yes, this is that Florian Thauvin and, yes, his place in the FFT100 list is fully deserved.

He scored 22 league goals alone last season, was the only non-PSG player to make the four-man Ligue 1 Player of the Year shortlist, is already into double figures for goals this season, helped Marseille reach the Europa League final and collected a World Cup winners’ medal (albeit appearing on the pitch for only two minutes at the tournament).

At 25, Thauvin has finally added focus and consistency to his considerable natural gifts. What would Rafael Benitez give for his invention and goal threat now?"

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-best-football-players-world-2018-100-21

Lists are shit, they literally mean FUCK ALL. He was shite for us and that is how I'll remember him.

6 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Lists are shit, they literally mean FUCK ALL. He was shite for us and that is how I'll remember him.

Just another EU mercenary doing just as shit job as every British second rate sub would have done...

Hello Nile...

• Haha 1