Adam Armstrong

Anorthernsoul

Adam Armstrong on loan at Coventry has scored 12 goals in 14 appearances.

He accounts for just over a third of their team goals (29)

He’s the reason they’ve a positive GD (+12)

I estimate his goals account for ½ their points.

His loan deal ends 16th January.

Now I’m not a bad man, but if I were Ashley, I’d basically slap a big ol’ fee on extending the loan, but open it up to the other League 1 & Championship sides.

I’m sure that Gillingham would love to sabotage a rival & boost their promotion tilt. Similarly, I’m sure Nottingham Forest, MK Dons, Leeds would love to add a goal scorer to their toothless attack. I’m guessing Brighton and Birmingham would also like to improve their attacking options.

Worst comes to worst, no one fancies him at a cost and we wait for a desperate team to come in for him after the window shuts.

I think you need to take into account that he appears to be settled at Coventry and Tony Mowbray isn't the worst coach in the world. It ain't all about the dolla' dolla' bills yo. You capitalist pig.

Adam Armstrong on loan at Coventry has scored 12 goals in 14 appearances.

He accounts for just over a third of their team goals (29)

He’s the reason they’ve a positive GD (+12)

I estimate his goals account for ½ their points.

His loan deal ends 16th January.

Now I’m not a bad man, but if I were Ashley, I’d basically slap a big ol’ fee on extending the loan, but open it up to the other League 1 & Championship sides.

I’m sure that Gillingham would love to sabotage a rival & boost their promotion tilt. Similarly, I’m sure Nottingham Forest, MK Dons, Leeds would love to add a goal scorer to their toothless attack. I’m guessing Brighton and Birmingham would also like to improve their attacking options.

Worst comes to worst, no one fancies him at a cost and we wait for a desperate team to come in for him after the window shuts.

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

I think you need to take into account that he appears to be settled at Coventry and Tony Mowbray isn't the worst coach in the world. It ain't all about the dolla' dolla' bills yo. You capitalist pig.

I'd rather he just stayed where he's settled and continued his development.

Not worth messing him about and potentially pissing him off for the sake of whatever a league one side would pay for a six month loan.

Devil's advocacy is hard.

• 9 months later...

More talent than Armstrong has, yes. At his skill level, size, weight, and age, I don't think he will ever become a PL-standard player. I admit I could be wrong. Our rubbish youth setup can't have been helping him either.

It's not at all ridiculous to say that, on average, you need something to differentiate you if you're small. Sport is physical. There is a point at which, on average, you would be too small to succeed.

How do you know how much talent he has? Seen him play much?

Every one of his PL appearances for us, yes. and any of his cup appearances that were televised - none comes to mind. I didn't see any of him at Coventry. And every time he's looked completely out of his depth. Understandable because he was young, and as I said, our youth coaching setup has been pretty bad in recent years. Like I said, I'd be happy to be wrong, although you seem to have already decided that I am. 

Adam Armstrong - 5ft. 8

Hughie Gallager - 5ft.5 (even before my time but legendary)

Alan Shoulder - 5ft. 5

Ernie Taylor - 5ft. 4

Jermain Defoe - 5ft .7

Obafemi Martins - 5ft .7

What is small and lightweight for a forward?

Keegan & Beardsley were 5ft. 8, same as Armstrong.