E-Cigarettes / Vapourisers

Christmas Tree

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen both my mother in law & father in law die of lung cancer due to excessive smoking my advice would be go to the GP. There are loads of things they can give you to help you quit.. Also these so called e cigarettes the juice they use can have more poison in them than tabs.

Having seen both my mother in law & father in law die of lung cancer due to excessive smoking my advice would be go to the GP. There are loads of things they can give you to help you quit.. Also these so called e cigarettes the juice they use can have more poison in them than tabs.

You'll have to post the opposite of what you think he should do if you want him to heed your advice ;)

Sorry, but this is uneducated nonsense. Are we sure that they're 100% safe? Not yet. But every scientific test done so far has shown that they are safe.

I'm not even going to get into the politics of the situation, but be careful who you believe. As always, follow the money.

Why the fuck you would start vaping if it's not replacing cigarettes though, I wouldn't recommend or understand.

Nicotine may be no worse for you than caffeine, but it's still a vaso constrictor so I'd rather nothing than a somewhat unknown quantity.

You can also vape 0 nicotine juice, but you won't get the throat hit, which is what most smokers need to replace.

Sorry for spamming the thread.

The team set out to determine the type and level of chemicals used in both disposable and refill bottles, examining 30 different products.

Six of the 24 compounds identified were aldehydes, which are recognised to be primary respiratory irritants.

When consumed at a rate of around 5ml per day, a commonly used volume, vapers are exposed to twice the recommended limit of benzaldehyde and vanillin.

The researchers added that “toxic degradation products may be produced by reaction of the flavour chemicals at the high temperatures present during vaping”.

Speaking in the journal Tobacco Control, which published the report, researchers admitted their sample “represents a fraction of the e-cigarette products on the market”, but added: “The results obtained are likely to be similar to what a broad survey would have revealed, and in any case, suggest that very high levels of some flavour chemicals are undoubtedly present in a great number of the thousands of products currently available.”

The e-cigarette market is rapidly expanding, both in the UK and the US, although little is known about the possible long-term health consequences of vaping.

“Regulations are needed,” researchers added. “These should include compulsory ingredient listing, limiting the levels of certain flavourings, and limiting total permissible levels of flavourings, particularly as there is some concern that flavoured products might make e-cigarettes more attractive to young people.”

E-cigs don’t contain the same type of nicotine you might find in an ordinary tobacco leaf. They contain liquid nicotine, which can be lethal: doctors say a tablespoon of some e-liquids on the market would be enough to kill an adult; half a teaspoon could kill a child. And the worst part is, you don’t even need to ingest these liquids to end up in hospital. Mere skin contact with concentrated liquid nicotine is enough to cause symptoms of poisoning, such as dizziness, elevated blood pressure and seizures.