Fifa 16

Andrew

Ha! Obviously it isn't but anyway...

Out on the 22nd of September with a closed "beta" (that absolutely isn't a beta) already underway and a demo presumably coming along at some point, here are some videos about whats new.

Quite like the sound of draft mode and the fact the Legend chemistry now works a little easier.

I always question if I should bother but there is no doubt I'm picking this up when its out.

A tip for anyone buying digitally on console

Get a month of EA Access for £3.99, this gives you 10% off the Fifa versions when you buy them (more than £3.99 on the deluxe/super deluxe versions) then you get access to the game 5 days early as a bonus

My mate had the FUT beta and gameplay feels a lot slower which is a positive as 15 was just a frantic mistake/exploitfest

Aye, I had to knock down the first touch and pass error settings to a pitifully low number to stop my players miscontrolling everything. As always, I'll wait for my mate to buy it, I'll play it and see how annoying it is before saying "fuck it" and buying it anyway.

All my mates this year - including myself - are in the ''I'm not getting it, it's shite, it's fixed mate!1, probably just gonna get PES'' camp.

So I'll probably preorder the Ultimate Team edition.

Did about 5 drafts last night, only played 2 of the matches after picking a team.

I might not even bother with this fifa, they've made the perfect demo for me.

Played a bit on early access tonight, did a draft and got George Best as my captain.

Which may well mean I have used the best player I am going to use this year on the first hour of playing :lol:

Got it on Tuesday through nefarious means (The US PSN store) and I'm enjoying it. It seems a lot different than last years in the sense that it's hard to just clip a long ball over the top and have your fastest player run on to it, there's more battles in midfield. The animations remind me of PES and how it uses the FOX engine so that's another improvement. Haven't tried too much of it like but going to take it online tonight and see if the 14 year olds have found this year's "Give it to Gareth Bale and run" tactic yet.

Got it on Tuesday through nefarious means (The US PSN store) and I'm enjoying it. It seems a lot different than last years in the sense that it's hard to just clip a long ball over the top and have your fastest player run on to it, there's more battles in midfield. The animations remind me of PES and how it uses the FOX engine so that's another improvement. Haven't tried too much of it like but going to take it online tonight and see if the 14 year olds have found this year's "Give it to Gareth Bale and run" tactic yet.

Going off Reddit they haven't.

Most people are expecting a patch that at some point throws a pretty decent, balanced feeling match engine out the window in favour of pace abuse again.

I have somehow managed to get to 2 pretty solid UT squads so far, have only had 10 hours of the trial to play with. Got some decent players in my free draft packs and built off the back of that and the coin boosts.

The match engine seems to make Pro career a bit better since there is room for players who aren't just pace mongers and since fifa doesn't think anyone my height can have any pace at all its nice that I can at least make someone who can be relatively useful without being a fucking midget

I've not played draft yet though I might give it a go tonight :up:

The normal FUT is up to it's old tricks like and seasons feels that way too. On every game when you walk your way to the brink of a league title it always takes ages to get that final win, like from WWWWW to LLLLW or whatever.

Anyway I'm not sure if it's better than 15 but I'm not that bothered, it's always going to be a laugh to sit down and play with your mates etc.

I'm struggling to do everything and when ever I change the tactics the players don't respond, it's as if they're switched off. The passing seems to be utter garbage, they may as well replace X & square with a big ??? because that's basically what happens.

It's random.

They've pretty much made short passing almost impossible on this one to make people use the new r1-x power pass as everything gets intercepted.

Also the keepers are completely unbeatable which is a huge difference to Fifa15, they punch and catch every cross and save anything from 2 yards away but if you hit a shot from 35 yards out they go back to being crap