West Ham United v Newcastle United 14/9/15 20:00 KO (On Sky)

Haydnator

My previous and first ever match thread I started was the game that decided our PL fate against West Ham. I hope I'm not cursed.

Anyway:

Our last 5 vs West Ham - D 0-0, D 0-0, W 1-3, L 1-0, W 2-0

Our last 5 @ Boleyn Ground or Upton Park or whatever it is - L 3-1, W 1-2, D 0-0, W 1-3, L 1-0

West Ham so far 2015/16: Arsenal (a) W 2-0, Leicester City (h) L 1-2, Bournemouth (h) L 3-4, Liverpool (a) W 3-0

Newcastle so far 2015/16: Southampton (h) D 2-2, Swansea City (a) L 0-2, Man Utd (a) D 0-0, Arsenal (h) L 0-1

Suspensions for West Ham: Adrian, Jenkinson

Suspensions for Newcastle: unsurprisingly, Aleksandar Mitrovic

The obvious reason this game is on Sky is because we all remember that England game @ Wembley vs Croatia where our current manager Steve McClaren was in charge. Slaven Bilic, manager of West Ham, was the Croatia manager. It was absolutely pissing it down, and McClaren had his infamous brolly with him, while Bilic just stood there getting soaked.

yaAbq6I.jpg

Predictions? I want to be optimistic so I'm saying 1-2 to the Toon.

Edited by Haydnator

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who should we start up front?

If we're sticking with McClaren's 4-2-3-1 I'd be tempted to play Wijnaldum alongside Anita/Colback (don't think either has done enough to cement or lose a place so it's a coin toss who gets bumped). Then Thauvin and Sissoko on the wings, de Jong in the centre near to Perez.

Aye, been saying for a while that Anita/Colback partnership is just too one dimensional. And no Obertan please ffs.

Just realised that this is on a Monday, after an international break :angry2:

Can't imagine he'll be more than a sub. MS, FT, RA and AP can all play in his position and to a higher standard than he manages.

Hi,

West Ham fan here, sounds like you have a good number coming down on Monday which is a great effort (Sky not thinking about real fans again) just wanted to warn you that the M11/A406 junction is under going major roadworks and is causing hours of delays, if you were thinking of coming this way my advice is find another route or give yourselves plenty of time.

Hi,

West Ham fan here, sounds like you have a good number coming down on Monday which is a great effort (Sky not thinking about real fans again) just wanted to warn you that the M11/A406 junction is under going major roadworks and is causing hours of delays, if you were thinking of coming this way my advice is find another route or give yourselves plenty of time.

Cheers for the heads up. Reckon most going will be getting the train, or be exiled Geordies.

From today's press conference...

McClaren: "We need the breaks (on Monday). We need to play better football, create more chances and score more goals and the results will come."

McClaren: "The short pre-season hasn't been good for all teams. No team is firing at 100% yet. Nobody is at that level of consistency."

McClaren: "We've defended well, shown great spirit, and the players have taken that atmosphere on. I think the fans have appreciated that."

McClaren: "We feel we're establishing a platform. We've seen evidence of that but we've been down to ten men in two of the four games."

: "The (international) break has been frustrating. You want the games to come thick and fast. We've not shown our quality yet."

From today's press conference...

McClaren: "We need the breaks (on Monday). We need to play better football, create more chances and score more goals and the results will come."

so, what you're saying, steve, is in order to win more games, we need to score more goals.

thanks for clearing that one up.

WHam are really unpredictable this season so who knows how this'll go. I think I could accept a draw if we're not playing in backs to the wall mode. If we look expansive and creative then I'll be satisfied. I think I this result should give us the first real indication of how our season is going to pan out.