West Ham United v Newcastle United 14/9/15 20:00 KO (On Sky)

Haydnator

What's this shit about putting Winaldjum in front of the back 4/next to Tiote? He won player of the year in Holland as a number 10 creating and scoring shit loads of goals. Give your heads a shake man

It's not saying just have him sitting in front of the back four is it? It's saying have him right in the engine room orchestrating things from a bit deeper due to his technique but still being able to have license to go forward.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not saying just have him sitting in front of the back four is it? It's saying have him right in the engine room orchestrating things from a bit deeper due to his technique but still being able to have license to go forward.

The whole point of the 2 playing there is that they are anchors. Theres another 2 banks of players in front of you to do the playmaking. it's typical Newcastle to take one of the best players in Europe in his position and try to shoehorn him somewhere else to fit others in. Perez and Sissoko out wide being other examples.

Anita has been a revelation in this position too after 2 seasons of being played out of position, so I'm a bit perplexed as to the calls to drop him already.

Gini is this regimes record signing, play him where he's comfortable, stick Perez up front, Sissoko in the middle, Aarons on the wing. It's basic stuff

I wouldn't drop Anita either fwiw. I'd like to see him sitting with De Jong and Wijnaldum in front. For the time being with Mitrovic being out then play Perez up top. We have lacked movement and penetration and playing two sitters at home to Watford isn't going to help us get the goals we desperately need.

As I have said I'm not advocating Gini to just sit, far from it.

I wouldn't drop Anita either fwiw. I'd like to see him sitting with De Jong and Wijnaldum in front. For the time being with Mitrovic being out then play Perez up top. We have lacked movement and penetration and playing two sitters at home to Watford isn't going to help us get the goals we desperately need.

As I have said I'm not advocating Gini to just sit, far from it.

I think you're right. De Jong and Perez to start for me. Time to drop one of Colback and Anita too imo.

I think it's already been mentioned in the thread but 3-5-2 wouldn't be a bad alternative as I think we lack the pace out wide to go with a 4-2-3-1

Krul

Mbemba Taylor Coloccini

Janmaat Sissoko Tiote Wijnaldum Haidara

DeJong Perez

Janmaat is ironically our best attacking threat and it also means Sissoko can be box-to-box rather than being shafted out wide. I think De Jong and Perez would offer more up front than Cisse and Mitrovic at the moment.

I think it's already been mentioned in the thread but 3-5-2 wouldn't be a bad alternative as I think we lack the pace out wide to go with a 4-2-3-1

Krul

Mbemba Taylor Coloccini

Janmaat Sissoko Tiote Wijnaldum Haidara

DeJong Perez

Janmaat is ironically our best attacking threat and it also means Sissoko can be box-to-box rather than being shafted out wide. I think De Jong and Perez would offer more up front than Cisse and Mitrovic at the moment.

i'd be interested to see if that could work too. 3-5-2 does seem to be coming back into fashion a bit of late. you're counting on taylor staying fit though. i don't think we have the options at centre back to play three in there on a regular basis.

better make sure papa lazaru doesn't see this either of they'll be hell to pay!

Perez has to start because along with Janmaat ,they look like the only players who add a spark going forward.Janmaat was our best striker against West Ham.Oh and Cisse and Sissoko are cunts

Have you forgotten that Janmaat is Dutch...?

He hates the Dutch? *looks back at old match threads* Ah, I see what you mean.

Our biggest problem in defence is Krul.I counted 4 free kicks which were played into our box with Krul static 3 yards from goal and our defence backpeddling like fuck onto the edge of the 6 yard line alongside Hull's attackers,resulting in free headers on the 6 yard line.GET THEM TO HOLD THE FUCKIN LINE MAN !!!!!!!!!.

The cheating makem bastard had the cheek to complain to the fat ref at halftime about his cheating `Hand of Allah' goal.

Are you saying Janmaat isn't shit for us because he was a good player before he signed .If so, Barnes and Rush weren't shit for us then.

`Everyone did rate Mbiwa' . Everyone ?

Edited by Haydnator

He hates the Dutch? *looks back at old match threads* Ah, I see what you mean.

Yeah. He's pretty fond of the mackems, but not so much any players on our team from Holland. In fairness to him, it looks as though he's diversifying into France now as well. I suspect he'll go full blown UKIP soon enough.