Football Manager 16

The Fish

Like the sound of some of the new features;

Revised instructions board,

Initial%20Announcement%20-%20Team%20Inst

Fantasy Draft mode

Cross-save compatibility

Other stuff I couldn't care less about;

Initial%20Announcement%20-%20Manager%20oWho gives a fuck what you look like on the sidelines? :lol:

That Fantasy draft thing though, would anyone be keen to play a network game?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely have a crack at one, I had a brief look as they revealed features last night but twitter was a little light on which versions which features were for.

tbh all I want is for classic mode to be editable.

• 1 month later...

I'm not really arsed about shit like the fantasy draft mode and create your own club, to me that just seems they're trying to tap into the market of those that have never really bothered with it and just bothered with your Pro Evo/Fifa.

I'd rather they put more effort into fixing the match engine than a bunch of shiny new features that's neglecting the things that are the main problems of the game.

Despite my rant obviously I pre-ordered ages ago. [emoji38]

Fish the beta is supposedly due out this week.

That's actually good news, I'm going to have to have a cheap November to cover the daft purchases I made at the end of October

Downloaded last night but had stuff to do so I'll jump in tonight.

I had a quick look at the team maker thing, think I'll have a go at it properly this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Started a game as Blyth. I like trying to promote a side from oblivion to the top, then giving up after failing to get out of Conference North a few times, and starting again with a different bunch of no hopers.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a draft game and have got a lot of joy out of Andriy Yarmolenko as a supporting inside forward on the right wing.

No idea how hard/easy he would be to sign in a normal game though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing a lot of this at the moment, about to start season 4 with us, have a very good team and finished 4th in season 3 having been 7th and 6th beforehand.

Team

Rulli (this guys ace and replaced Krul after the first season)

Janmaat/Vrisjalko

Papastathopolous/Doria

Martins Indi(Just sold Glik)

Digne (was rotating with Kolarov who just left aged 33 need to sign a rotation option now)

Weigl/Talisca

Goretzka/Wijnaldum

Brozovic/Garmash

Odegaard/Iturbe

Perez(Hes really good, got rid of Mitro a bit ago and need depth here before season starts)

Turan/Mertens (These are both 32 now and Turan can no longer run, just signed a guy caled Alisson from Cruzerio who will be first choice this season)

Playing a lot of this at the moment, about to start season 4 with us, have a very good team and finished 4th in season 3 having been 7th and 6th beforehand.

Team

Rulli (this guys ace and replaced Krul after the first season)

Janmaat/Vrisjalko

Papastathopolous/Doria

Martins Indi(Just sold Glik)

Digne (was rotating with Kolarov who just left aged 33 need to sign a rotation option now)

Weigl/Talisca

Goretzka/Wijnaldum

Brozovic/Garmash

Odegaard/Iturbe

Perez(Hes really good, got rid of Mitro a bit ago and need depth here before season starts)

Turan/Mertens (These are both 32 now and Turan can no longer run, just signed a guy caled Alisson from Cruzerio who will be first choice this season)

He's a bloody liability for me, farmed him off on loan in the hope his value isn't damaged as it would be if he was bench-warming.

I've got

Tactics.png

Can't get the image a reasonable size...

Edited by The Fish

He was a tank for me last season but has started by getting sent off a lot this time round.

I signed Mussachio as my 4th centre half, him and Martins Indi are good enough to cover but I'd just made Sokratis my vice captain...

Yannick Gerhaart(I have definitely misspelled that) is in as cover for Digne but can play as a CM as well which is hand y as my captain Leon Goretzka(hes ace but injury prone) has just got himself out for 3-4 months :/

I actually forgot that I have Mario Gotze yesterday :lol: retrained as a striker but perez is keeping him out since he just won't stop scoring.

Signed a couple of youngsters as backups but got a takeover just as the transfer window closed.

The bloke who took us over then immediately floated us on the stock market and raised...£0, fucking berk!

Still, I kept my squad together despite numerous bids for literally every one of my first team squad, couple of them were unhappy with it but they've got over it quickly.

He was a tank for me last season but has started by getting sent off a lot this time round.

I signed Mussachio as my 4th centre half, him and Martins Indi are good enough to cover but I'd just made Sokratis my vice captain...

Yannick Gerhaart(I have definitely misspelled that) is in as cover for Digne but can play as a CM as well which is hand y as my captain Leon Goretzka(hes ace but injury prone) has just got himself out for 3-4 months :/

I actually forgot that I have Mario Gotze yesterday :lol: retrained as a striker but perez is keeping him out since he just won't stop scoring.

Signed a couple of youngsters as backups but got a takeover just as the transfer window closed.

The bloke who took us over then immediately floated us on the stock market and raised...£0, fucking berk!

Still, I kept my squad together despite numerous bids for literally every one of my first team squad, couple of them were unhappy with it but they've got over it quickly.

Found that happens every window.

I've recently turned down a deal "worth" £70m for Perez and he threw a wee strop.

Trouble is, I don't need the money, I didn't want to sell to a rival, and it was £20m up front, the rest over 2yrs & if he plays 50 games.

If I could have negotiated £50m up front, and the rest as part of a structured deal I might have been interested. If I'm going to sign Breel Embolo or Dybala to replace Perez I'm going to need £100m+

To be honest I just concentrate on buying youth from all over the world, immediately putting them out on loan for a work permit and then introducing them to the squad.

So far I've got a few regen strikers who have been scoring for fun in the U18s/21s and then when out on loan and too many left sided attacking players than I know what to do with.

Edited by The Fish