Football Manager 16

The Fish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've got a squad I like that has good depth and is the right age I'll be looking at youth, had plenty left over to pick up 3 promising players who have been loaned out to my feeder clubs for the season

Now I've got a squad I like that has good depth and is the right age I'll be looking at youth, had plenty left over to pick up 3 promising players who have been loaned out to my feeder clubs for the season

When do you sell the 1st teamer who is stopping your highly rated, promising kid get a starting spot?

When do you sell the 1st teamer who is stopping your highly rated, promising kid get a starting spot?

I rotate them for a bit anyway (I like rotating) and move on the first teamer when an offer I like comes in and the other guy is doing well enough

I rotate them for a bit anyway (I like rotating) and move on the first teamer when an offer I like comes in and the other guy is doing well enough

I tend to wait until the 1st teamer wants a new contract to reflect his form/improved ability. I say No. If he moans on, I offer (without transfer-listing) him to foreign clubs.

because I'm petty.

Oh I might do that too, depends on the situation.

I've only recently started regularly rotating so I can cope with more players in the squad rather than a very strong 11 and journeymen as subs.

Just did the double over mackems and was curious as to how their season had gone as when we met 1st time they were around mid-table.

mackems.png

Oof

He was a tank for me last season but has started by getting sent off a lot this time round.

Since I said this he has never managed to play consecutive games in any competition for me due to being booked/sent off all the time.

Hes gone completely fucking bonkers

Since I said this he has never managed to play consecutive games in any competition for me due to being booked/sent off all the time.

Hes gone completely fucking bonkers

Had a similar issue with Marcelo Meli, had to send him out on loan to Inter Milan, where he's been picking up cards of a variety of colours.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it was good while is lasted.

I went to 2022 as Newcastle boss, won the league cup twice, the premier league in my final season and Europa league, made it to a champions league semifinal as well.

I assembled an incredible team, including 2 wingers from Monaco for my final season one of whom went on to win the Balon d'or that year.

Then the fuckwit who bought us from Ashley (who floated us on the stock market and made £0 from it) decided to give me no money to spend and throttle my wage budget despite the fact money was rolling in.

Aging but still useful players contracts ran out, I couldn't replace them, squad was short and I was given nothing to spend so I resigned.

Max Allegri was brought in from Juve and is subsequently dismantling my squad while I've taken his place at Juventus.

I'd have been better off if Ashley had stayed...

Well, it was good while is lasted.

I went to 2022 as Newcastle boss, won the league cup twice, the premier league in my final season and Europa league, made it to a champions league semifinal as well.

I assembled an incredible team, including 2 wingers from Monaco for my final season one of whom went on to win the Balon d'or that year.

Then the fuckwit who bought us from Ashley (who floated us on the stock market and made £0 from it) decided to give me no money to spend and throttle my wage budget despite the fact money was rolling in.

Aging but still useful players contracts ran out, I couldn't replace them, squad was short and I was given nothing to spend so I resigned.

Max Allegri was brought in from Juve and is subsequently dismantling my squad while I've taken his place at Juventus.

I'd have been better off if Ashley had stayed...

I got properly choked up reading this.

• 3 weeks later...

Won the league in my first season by 3 points. Got to the League Cup Final and the FA Cup semi final. Top 4 were Newcastle (me), Man C, Arsenal, Spurs. Teams relegated were Bournemouth in 18th, Sunderland in 19th and Southampton bottom. Teams that were promoted were Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Burnley.

eLaK27i.jpg

Into the new season, had a relatively average start compared to the previous season but the team is picking up last season's pace again. Went through my Champions League group unbeaten.

dkwEpWE.jpg

vV2WaY7.jpg

Xn9Y10y.jpg

Tactics?

Team?

Transfers?

The previous season's deals. I didn't sign any other players in the season that I am currently playing through apart from backup and depth. Looks like an insane amount of money spent, especially as Newcastle you start with bot all funds to work with, but through quite a lot of time spent in the finance/sponsorship part as well as taking ages on each deal (eg installments over long periods of time) you can get top players with out spending a large amount of money up front. And it helps a lot managing to magically convince Jabba and Penfold to give me more money.

iOdkJQG.jpg

Ignore the suspensions and stuff; this is my strongest possible side. Didn't really want to keep Sissoko as I'm not a fan of him IRL and you can get quite a lot of money off clubs for him but he is one of my best performers. Willems was bought in January, took the rest of that season to adapt but has came very, very good this current season. Shame that he damaged his achilles tendon in the 9th game of the season. Kante hit the ground running. Charlie Austin was my top scorer last season with 24, but I always start games with Mitro as the team seems to play better when pivoting around him. Austin is usually thrown on in the last half hour and more often than not gets a goal. Juan Jesus was getting booked almost every game the previous season but he's packed it in the current one, and he's absolute quality. Scott Dann and Lewis Dunk are backup. Kouyate is a good squad player, and he usually rotates with Anita, who has been surprisingly very good for me.

r871Xpi.jpg

This is what I always play at home. Usually gets 2+ goals per game. Away from home I change it up depending on who I'm playing, but I'm often playing 4-4-2 with both Austin and Mitrovic up top together, and it's usually deadly. Playing that away, I have beaten Norwich 2-6, Leicester 0-4, Villa 0-3 and Watford 1-4.

I6OPvz4.jpg

Edited by Haydnator

Sissoko can be an absolute monster, ended up selling an ageing Sissoko to Man Utd for about £20m (I think?). He has barely featured for them and has been sold on.

Still can't win the Champions League. :huff:

Edited by The Fish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought this to try and re-create a modern version of Keegans entertainers, first game of the season Man Utd at home.

Won 8-5.

In 8 games (4 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats) I have scored 23 and conceded 16.

• 2 months later...

started this yesterday, first season won the fa cup finished 7th

man.u finished 12th but won the champions league...

jesus the players do some bloody whinging at the start, shifted colback, jannmatt, thauvin and the usual dead wood, brought in some youngsters wtih high potential along with ashley cole and sven bender

They don't calm down that much in the future either.

Depends on the personality types, once I've got rid of the deadwood I tend to only sign "highly professional" players where possible

Leads to a lot more consistency and a lot less moaning about not being in the team

Depends on the personality types, once I've got rid of the deadwood I tend to only sign "highly professional" players where possible

Leads to a lot more consistency and a lot less moaning about not being in the team

I still get second-string centre backs and 'keepers moaning they're not getting enough game time. I play them in the cups and early CL fixtures.

They usually start moaning just after the Xmas window has shut as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy enough with this...

Championship.png

Only lost once, to Brighton (obviously)

Went 43 games unbeaten. :lol:

Scored 104

Conceded 26

Clean sheets 25

Armstrong got 23

Mitrovic got 16 as did Wijnaldum

Haidara and Luchkevych (young RB) got 14 assists a piece

Luchkevych also got highest av rating; 8.3

Sissoko just behind him on 8.2

Keep players like Mbemba, Perez, Sissoko and Wijnaldum and you'll piss that league.