Official Match Thread : Newcastle v Blackburn

Shearergol

Newcastle United v Blackburn Rovers

Saturday 21st January 2006

Kick Off 15:00hrs

Referee : Howard Webb

newcastle.gif

Newcastle (from): Given, Harper, Ramage, Boumsong, Bramble, Babayaro, Elliott, Emre, Bowyer, Clark, Solano, N'Zogbia, Brittain, O'Brien, Shearer, Luque, Chopra.

Newcastle midfielder Emre is back in contention after a hamstring problem and Titus Bramble has recovered from the ankle injury.

But Amady Faye is missing because of African Cup of Nations duty.

blackburn.gif

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Todd, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Matteo, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Dickov, Kuqi, Enckelman, Emerton, Gray, Peter, Johnson, Mokoena, Reid.

Blackburn are without Craig Bellamy and David Bentley due to suspension so Shefki Kuqi and Paul Dickov are the only recognised strikers.

Youngster Jemal Johnson may get a place on the bench while Andy Todd (illness) and Dominic Matteo (ankle) are doubts.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be a shite game, we'll be poor at best, but will scrape a win through 1 or 2 players individual ability and Fat Fred will think, thats good enough to keep Souness here for the rest of the season (though he pretty much thinks that anyway)

So i'll say a win by one goal

I hope tof ucking God we win this game, I'm fed up with shit performances, a shit manager and a shit excuse for a football team at the moment.  :(

82592[/snapback]

One thing you can guarantee is an awful game and an awful performance.

I hope tof ucking God we win this game, I'm fed up with shit performances, a shit manager and a shit excuse for a football team at the moment.  :(

82592[/snapback]

One thing you can guarantee is an awful game and an awful performance.

82636[/snapback]

Unfortunately you're right :o

0-2

I think he'll go with:

Given

Ramage, Boumsong, Bramble, Babayaro,

Solano, Bowyer, Clark, N'Zogbia, Luque

Shearer

To maintain his level of incompetence he may bring

back Emre too soon, leaving Clark on the bench.

Emre to limp off after 20 minutes, never to be seen

for us again.

If the nob was to send the team out with positive

tactics, AND in a positive mindset, I think it's possible

we could get a draw.

Glad Bellamy isn't playing, he'd make a real mess of

Shrek and Bramble.

Edited by Howaythelads

I'm hoping he'd go with this line-up, but that's never going to happen.

GK - Given

RB - Bramble

CB - Ramage

CB - Boumsong

LB - Elliott

RW - Solano

CM - Bowyer

CM - Clark

LW - N'Zogbia

CF - Shearer

A - Luque

Subs

Harper

Babayaro

Emre

O'Brien

Chopra

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Bramble at right back :(

wh...eh...good god man...WHY?

82693[/snapback]

Not sure about that, myself. Howver, he has played there quite a bit for Ipswich, so I suppose it depends on how highly someone rates Ramage. For myself, I see nowt special at all in Ramage and would rather he wasn't in the team at all. I'd leave Bramble in the middle and have Ramage at RB until we can get a quality RB to replace Hughes.

Edited by Howaythelads

HOWHERE MAN! :(

Are you's telling me you haven't seen him in some games bombing down that right-wing at times creating play and doing very well when he does? He can't do that at centre-half because you know what will happen...!

He's got the strenght and pace to get back in a position and cut down the attack where unlike in central defence he can be like a headless duck...or chicken...! But with only one man to mark I think he'd be very effective in that position.

Ramage isn't a right-back. Whether he's good enough in future to be any part of our plans remains to be seen, but I think Boumsong would look after and take more responsibility alongside a youngen like him and be more effective too.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

HOWHERE MAN!  :razz:

Are you's telling me you haven't seen him in some games bombing down that right-wing at times creating play and doing very well when he does? He can't do that at centre-half because you know what will happen...! 

He's got the strenght and pace to get back in a position and cut down the attack where unlike in central defence he can be like a headless duck...or chicken...! But with only one man to mark I think he'd be very effective in that position.

Ramage isn't a right-back. Whether he's good enough in future to be any part of our plans remains to be seen, but I think Boumsong would look after and take more responsibility alongside a youngen like him and be more effective too.

82698[/snapback]

But can you imagine what MGP would do to Bramble if he was at RB??? :(:o:razz:

He'd be on a goddam hat-trick before half time!

He'd do a better job than Ramage or Carr that's for sure.

82705[/snapback]

rubbish

82709[/snapback]

You didn't really want to compare the 3 of them down to their ability I see, I can understand that as you'd obviously be WRONG...! :(