Saudi Arabia

Park Life

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saudi Arabia operates as though they sincerely believe their religion isn't complete bullshit. They're the nation state version of young-Earth creationists. You'd have to admire their commitment, if they weren't so fucking stupid.

Saudi Arabia operates as though they sincerely believe their religion isn't complete bullshit. They're the nation state version of young-Earth creationists. You'd have to admire their commitment, if they weren't so fucking stupid.

Not forgetting the hypocrisy of the whore using, drug taking rulers on their London junkets.

Did you see the documentary called Bitter Lake that mentions the bastardised version of Islam that is Wahhabism? Really a great watch.

If all Muslims are dirty terrorists head choppers does that make all Catholics dirty paedo Alchys?

That's a rhetorical question.

It astounds me how much hate some people have inside them. I understand people are often products of their upbringings but there comes a point in your life when you turn into an adult and develop your own free will and that isn't an excuse anymore

Edit- I'm about as far away from being Catholic or any other religion as you can get

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Did you see the documentary called Bitter Lake that mentions the bastardised version of Islam that is Wahhabism? Really a great watch.

Nah. I haven't. Sounds interesting though. I'll have to give it a go. :thumbsup:

All religion is nonsense, but Islam is definitely the most ridiculous, and seems to inspire the biggest number of hateful, radical loonies.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of decent moderate Muslims out there. But as far as religions go, it's one of the most fucked up ones.

Edited by Dr Gloom

The much more humane way of killing teenage criminals is to electrocute them. Obviously. Or hang them from the neck, preferably snapping it, but if not, to strangulate them.

I dont believe in the death penalty full stop. The Saudis are a repugnant brutal regime with a medieval attitude to punishment. I really dont know what youre on about with this tbh

I dont believe in the death penalty full stop. The Saudis are a repugnant brutal regime with a medieval attitude to punishment. I really dont know what youre on about with this tbh

I find the policy repugnant no matter what method is used. In Britain, we were still doing it a few years before I was born though and our closest allies still do. A number on this forum would also have it brought back too.

I just squirm when we talk about middle eastern countries in contumelious terms. Like someone who stopped smoking last week and still has a couple on a match day sanctimoniously berating someone still on 40 a day.

I just squirm when we talk about middle eastern countries in contumelious terms. Like someone who stopped smoking last week and still has a couple on a match day sanctimoniously berating someone still on 40 a day.

It's not as though the extreme side of corporal punishment is the only thing that separates Saudi Arabia from the rest of the world. Saudi Arabia don't treat their citizens like some states in the U.S, or like Australia or the UK in the 60s. They treat their citizens like absolute dogshit, like peasants, or slaves. To suggest there is an element of hypocrisy in criticisms of Middle Eastern governments' treatment of their populace based upon historical considerations is just wrong. To me this is just another angle of this sense of taboo that is arising in western society against criticising bad ideas. Bad ideas should be criticised because they are bad. Any other consideration is irrelevant, including hurting someone's feelings. Too bad.

This is my opinion, if you disagree, I will take gigantic swathes of offence. Just warning you. My trigger words are: tumblr, berating, imo, that's offensive, evolution, Chez.

I agree. The left have become too apologetic of the indefensible because we feel guilty about our own flaws. Let's not always blame ourselves for things that are entirely abhorrent.

The west isn't perfect but we're centuries ahead in evolutionary terms compared to some Middle eastern states.

Actually work with a sad fucker who who lives by himself with two cats, (Not Gemmill), doesn't like confrontation, is OCD, always does the wrong thing at the wrong time, says the wrong thing to managers, is generally a a sad sack. He always talks about blowing up all the middle east, bringing back capital punishment, shooting the whole lot of 'em, (immigrants), believes EVERYTHING he sees in The Sun when he reads it, (he doesn't buy it but is happy to read others papers), thinks everyone is a scrounger who are on any kind of benefits but seems to forget telling me he was seeing a doctor for depression when he got made redundant. He is your fifty something sponge who soaks up all kinds of shit and piss he reads, comes across as an intelligent bloke but when challenged melts quicker than a snowman in the Sahara. I usually sway from feeling sorry for him to disliking him. (He's universally disliked at work probably as much from an uncanny ability to send a glass eye to sleep with his incredibly piss poor craic as much as his views).

Guess which way he votes?