Moving to Newcastle

Graemeb1783

Hello folks first time poster on your forum just looking for a bit of advice on your wonderful city.

Basically to cut a long story short I am looking into relocating to Newcastle to be closer to my young son who moved there with his mum recently.

I am going to be transferring my job to the borders area and commuting daily.

So basically I am looking for info on decent affordable areas to live in the area of the airport for easy commuting onto the A696 or A1.

I know this is a strange request on a football forum but any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Graeme

Kingston Park and Dinnington are both within the sort of area you would be looking at. I'm not sure on affordable cos it depends what you're looking for, but I'm sure there would be placed there that are. Fawdon is similarly handy and probably cheaper.

Have a look at them on Google maps and see if they suit for transport access and then just have a look on some estate agent sites.

Pattinson and Jan Forster are a couple of local estate agents or you've got your usual rightmove and that.

Thanks for the quick reply.

When I say affordable I'm looking for something 2/3 beds somewhere around 100-130k as it's just for me and wee man when he stays over. Those are two areas that I have looked at.

Are there areas around there that would be best avoided particularly for a newcomer to the city.

Thanks for the quick reply.

When I say affordable I'm looking for something 2/3 beds somewhere around 100-130k as it's just for me and wee man when he stays over. Those are two areas that I have looked at.

Are there areas around there that would be best avoided particularly for a newcomer to the city.

I'm too posh to know the areas to avoid. Wait til tomorrow when some of the riff raff get on, they'll help you out. ;) I don't think there's anywhere around where you're looking that's particularly rough though.

If you're after somewhere a little exotic then a good choice would be Cambois (which should be pronounced in its original French form). A small island to the north of Blyth it has a range of attractions including a near-by nudist beach and surprisingly warm coastal water (possibly the warmest in the UK) due to a hot pipe that runs out to sea from the nearby power station. There have been sightings of unusual fish off the coast including hammer headed sharks, just close your eyes and you could be swimming off the Porquerolles.

Cramlington's canny now there's a shopping centre, sports centre, cinema plenty for the young 'un. It's about 9 miles north of Newcastle easy access for the A1. It's about 3 or 4 miles from the coastal beaches of Blyth,Seaton Sluice,Whitley Bay & Tynemouth. I live in a council bungalow but there always seems to be a busy property market.

Cramlington's canny now there's a shopping centre, sports centre, cinema plenty for the young 'un. It's about 9 miles north of Newcastle easy access for the A1. It's about 3 or 4 miles from the coastal beaches of Blyth,Seaton Sluice,Whitley Bay & Tynemouth. I live in a council bungalow but there always seems to be a busy property market.

they do a pretty good curry in that place near Sainsbury's.

Though I have no idea how much you get for your money there these days.

Quick scan on Rightmove says not a lot moving. £175k barn conversions or £50k log-cabins...

Average house prices

Darras Hall £470,278

Ponteland £387,703

Wylam £243,370

Heddon-On-The-Wall £241,954

Morpeth £219,259

Newcastle Upon Tyne £180,901

Forest Hall £183,079

Benton £156,559

Seaton Delaval £151,577

Seghill £150,653

Cramlington £147,158