Deliveroo

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good? What restaurant? Did you give them a tip?

Yeah. It's a nice way of getting food delivered from local restaurants that didn't previously do takeaway. I've only used it for East Dulwich restaurants. Not sure if those recommendations are any good for you, but I've found the service very quick plus they let you know when the restaurant has processed the order. The kind of food you can then end up enjoying at home is restaurant quality rather than typical greasy takeaway fare.

Yeah. It's a nice way of getting food delivered from local restaurants that didn't previously do takeaway. I've only used it for East Dulwich restaurants. Not sure if those recommendations are any good for you, but I've found the service very quick plus they let you know when the restaurant has processed the order. The kind of food you can then end up enjoying at home is restaurant quality rather than typical greasy takeaway fare.

It has just recently been introduced to Newcastle, decent selection of restaurants online. Will definitely give it a go over the next couple of weeks.

Surprised they've took so long to be honest, always thought there was a big gap in the market for something like it.

Is the food 'restaurant prices'? :lol:

Sorry, like but, :lol: again. Why on earth would you pay what you would at a restaurant to have it shoved in a tin foil carton and delivered to your door half an hour or more, later?

Is the food 'restaurant prices'? :lol:

Sorry, like but, :lol: again. Why on earth would you pay what you would at a restaurant to have it shoved in a tin foil carton and delivered to your door half an hour or more, later?

Variation. You can get more than just pizza, Chinese or Indian delivered to your door through this app.

Their pitch is they get it to you quick because it's local restaurants so it won't turn up cold or congealed.

As far as price is concerned there's not much between high street restaurants and takeaways down here, but there's generally quite a difference in the standard of food.

Edited by Dr Gloom

If I fancied something nice I'd either cook it or go out to a restaurant and be wined and dined rather than paying similar to have it come in tin foil and taking something away from the meal if that sounds daft?

If I fancied something nice I'd either cook it or go out to a restaurant and be wined and dined rather than paying similar to have it come in tin foil and taking something away from the meal if that sounds daft?

You're hugely underestimating the laziness of most people :lol:

There's fuck all chance I'm making sushi after a hard day's graft but now I can have it delivered to my door, fresh, which I think is a good thing.

hqdefault.jpg

"Wot will it be

For tea, tonight?

Will it be mushrooms? Fried onion rings?

You'll have to wait and see!"

hqdefault.jpg

"Hope it's sushi, it's sushi!

We hope it's sushi, it's sushi!"

What's wrong with sushi?

I can also now get gormet burger kitchen, superb traditional Italian style thin crust, South Indian cuisine from ganapati, wood oven pizzas plus French food from my local bistro all delivered, thanks to Deliveroo.

I know what you're saying, me and the better half love cooking. But sometimes I just can't be arsed. This adds a good option.

Went to this place for sushi (and beyond) in Rotterdam on Friday night, it's a Dutch chain and notionally all-you-can-eat (you order up to six "rounds" of five items each time and they bring it to you sort of tapas-style, but realistically not even CT and Stevie's lovechild would ever make it to round 6), the quality doesn't suffer as a result of the quantity though. Genuinely a little surprised I can already walk again.

Think if you lived in an area where there's a lot of small independent restaurants you might see the value in Deliveroo. Like Gloomy, I've got french restaurants, really good thai, italian, burger, mexican, pizza all within a <5 minute scooter ride. So I can eat a really good meal while watching a movie on my sofa without having to make it or get changed out of my pants/string vest combo.

No point if the best place nearby is a shit takeaway or a toby carvery though.

You can go to an Italians and pay five or six quid for a pizza or get a worse one delivered from Domino's for twice the price so paying restaurant prices wouldn't be a massive concern with this for me. You can also pick up a couple of bottles of wine on your way home for a tenner or pay thirty for them in a restaurant. That's another positive of this.

Plus if your a loser with no one to go to a restaurant with you can get restaurant quality food at home without looking like a right sad fuck!

Sushi is quality by the way.

Think if you lived in an area where there's a lot of small independent restaurants you might see the value in Deliveroo. Like Gloomy, I've got french restaurants, really good thai, italian, burger, mexican, pizza all within a <5 minute scooter ride. So I can eat a really good meal while watching a movie on my sofa without having to make it or get changed out of my pants/string vest combo.

No point if the best place nearby is a shit takeaway or a toby carvery though.

OHHHHHH GET A LOAD OF LARRY LONDONER!

71RNNvxPLlL._SY355_.jpg

"If the closest thing to you in your Northern hellhole is a Toby Carvery, then you are unlikely to see the merit in a service such as Deliveroo. Good DAY to you sir. I said GOOD DAY."

Edited by Gemmill

71RNNvxPLlL._SY355_.jpg

"If the closest thing to you in your Northern hellhole is a Toby Carvery, then you are unlikely to see the merit in a service such as Deliveroo. Good DAY to you sir. I said GOOD DAY."

:lol:

It's a genuine source of concern for me, when I move back up North where will I find a pop-up Eritrean place?!

Carveries are fucking awful mind and if you eat there you should hand your tastebuds back.

71RNNvxPLlL._SY355_.jpg

I hear the arguments, but err, it boils down to, 'I live in London, home of the stars and fine cuisine, I have a cleaner but I don't have a cook, I'm faaaarrr too busy to not just cook, but indeed go out for a treat, thus this sounds like a really great idea that meets my life aspirations and means I can sit at home without talking to people or getting changed'.

'Toby carvery' :lol:

Fish needs to spend some time back home in Blyth if you ask me.

I hear the arguments, but err, it boils down to, 'I live in London, home of the stars and fine cuisine, I have a cleaner but I don't have a cook, I'm faaaarrr too busy to not just cook, but indeed go out for a treat, thus this sounds like a really great idea that meets my life aspirations and means I can sit at home without talking to people or getting changed'.

'Toby carvery' :lol:

Fish needs to spend some time back home in Blyth if you ask me.

:lol: So you're baffled by the concept of a takeaway service that doesn't deliver cold catvomit in a tin foil tray?