Monroe Transfer

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must win tbh

This.

Above all, must play the game, not get drawn into the shite like Bruce, Coach Carvs and the King used to. Someone needs to to be talking to Aleksander this week about Mackem wind ups that they'll be trying on and how much better it feels winning a derby at the end when you've just got on with the game, than losing it at the end when you've went in running about like headless chickens from the start.

Still not confident about this considering their manager appointment roulette wheel landed on "Get someone who hates Newcastle" again. If that big daft shite Sissoko can put in a similar shift to Sunday, I reckon we could tear into these on the counter like Norwich. But, on the other hand, I doubt Allardyce is going to willingly leave as much space as Neill did for our lads to bomb into since he's a cautious manager. I'd take a point now.

Still not confident about this considering their manager appointment roulette wheel landed on "Get someone who hates Newcastle" again. If that big daft shite Sissoko can put in a similar shift to Sunday, I reckon we could tear into these on the counter like Norwich. But, on the other hand, I doubt Allardyce is going to willingly leave as much space as Neill did for our lads to bomb into since he's a cautious manager. I'd take a point now.

If Ayoze and Mitro get joy and some bit of service, Sissoko might well fancy it, if we rely solely on him we're fucked.

I think we've a much better team than they do, but we're still so suspect at the back and the pressure is going to be massive.

Won't be anywhere near as open as it was against Norwich, and that might actually play into our hands. Allardyce will set them up to be, first and foremost, tough to break down. That'll take a lot of pressure off our back line. That said it's the Derby, Sam might decide that if he wins this in some style, he'll get more time from the fans?

Sunderland have; us, (h) Everton (a), Southampton (h), Palace (a), before an outrageously difficult december.

So surely he'll look at this game as a way to get some currency with the fans?

We've got a decent run of games from which we could gets the points to see us through to the January window. Next four are; Sunderland(a), Stoke(h), Bournemouth(a), Leicester (h) before a mixed December.

So for me, a draw wouldn't be disastrous and with the front 4 we've got, I'm confident we'll score a couple. I've just no confidence in the back four at the minute.

As usual we have looked better form going in, are playing better football - they are clueless at the moment, performing worse than they ever have, and have just replaced their no hope manager with another one.

As such fully expecting nothing but a load of bookings, probably a red for tiote or mitro - and it to remain 0-0 until the 93rd minute when the ball bounces off colbacks arse and elliot breaks his ankles trying to correct his wrong footed reaction to give another dire loss.

Anything other than that would be nice though.

At the end of the day their side is poor with very little potential. Dick Advocaat could see it and with his excellent managerial career could do fuck all with it, so what is Allardyce going to do in the short term. Obviously its been a disastrous start for us too, but we have genuinely played some really canny stuff against top end sides. We just need to defend better and stay consistent through games.

Sunderland are disorganised, without any direction and if Allardyce keeps them up, it will be the greatest achievement of his career. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who can see this but I genuinely believe over the last five years THE worst centre half in the Barclays Premier League is John O'Shea. He is FUCKING DIRE. Sunderland would be a better side if they never played him again, his reputation based on title wins at Man Utd is incredible. He's total manure. Put him under loads of pressure and we'll win the game, simple as that. He was made to look an absolute mug by strikers from EXETER CITY this season who scored three first half goals against the mackems and two were his fault. He's shit. Get in to him and we piss it.

Sunderland 1 Newcastle 3

we will concede, but that's ok if we continue with the we'll score more goals than you approach because our attacking players are better than theirs. should make for another entertaining game.

i fancy us to win, which means we'll probably lose as i'm king of the kiss of death.

I agree with Stevie that they are shite. They have a couple of players that look ok but that's it. Over the last few years they've made a load of awful signings and generally looked like they had no idea what a football was most of the time. Despite this we've been unable to beat them even when things were looking ok for us and we've just come off the back of the worst start to a season in a century, in the middle of the worst 12 months of results we've ever seen. Yes Sundays result was a massive positive and I have genuinely been heartened by some of the stuff we've played this season. But there's no way I can be confident of beating anyone yet and you can't discount the confience they will have because of the last few derbys. I'll never predict a win for those inbred tramps but I can't predict one for us either.

Again it's so important that we're at them from the start we have the fire power to beat them but we must tighten up the defence and track back . Hopefully we'll finish the game with 11 men as they'll definitely be out to wind up Mitrovic

They'll be well up for it and I have no idea who'll be up for it for us. I've never been confident for these game since the second 0-3 but I never predict us to lose. We'll win by two goals but we'll still concede with our clip of a defence.

1-3

I just hope Mitrovic has been doing his homework and understands how important the game could be for him in particular. If he can score the winner then he may be on his way to deserve wearing the famous number 9 shirt and not just 45!

McClaren on the derby.

"It's derby day on Sunday and the importance of this match is not lost on me or any of our players. Quite simply it is one of the most important days of the season," he writes in an email to club supporters.

"A number of the squad have a great deal of experience of this particular game, but don’t forget that Mitro, Gini and Daryl have also played in huge derbies for their former clubs and the enormity of the occasion is not lost on any of them.

"Norwich win was a relief, credit to players and staff we felt it was coming. We have a result but we won't get carried away."

On the derby: "This game is massive for the fans. There's a determination to win it for them."

No worries on any of the squad - good news after whispers about Wijnaldum.

"Mbabu & Aarons both back in training," says McClaren.

"Everyone is fit."

"I dont want buoyancy in the squad after Norwich win, I want focus on the Sunderland game"

"The last 5 games don't matter this one does"

"We have to play the game not the occasion "