Monroe Transfer

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the replay this morning. Completely thrown away a win to the worst team in the division by a street. When we went down a goal, and a man, I was still fairly confident we could win. That's how shit they are. If Mitro scores right after halftime you never know.

Colo has a massive history of shit like today. It was probably a pen. A harsh red though as Elliot was heavily favourite to get to it first. Still incredibly dumb from Colo. Getting outpaced by one of the slower PL strikers is one thing, but barging him over was just stupid.

I think the only saving grace is that Sunderland are really really bad. If we can avoid gifting them six points that fat walrus is taking them down for sure.

We just need to move on. We can't stop thinking about how to get better at Newcastle. The first half performance is how we should be going for the lesser/shit teams away from home. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal. There were great chances from Colo, Colback, Wijnaldum, Perez & Sissoko iirc. Putting them in the net will get us points. And I think we'll finally turn these over @ SJP in March. That's been the best we've approached a derby for a long, long time.

Well when they enforce the rules you can't complain.

Since when was going shoulder to shoulder off the ball against the rules? It happens every game and isn't penalised and indeed happened more than once in this game. The only time it was penalised was the pen

Since when was going shoulder to shoulder off the ball against the rules? It happens every game and isn't penalised and indeed happened more than once in this game. The only time it was penalised was the pen

Thems the rules though. And one of those things that are made more of an issue of when you're in the box. The ref may have given it, he may not have given it but the real question is whether Colo needed to make that challenge in the penalty box and of course he didn't.

Well, just say we both agree to disagree then, shoulder to shoulder clear as day.

No. We won't agree to disagree. There are clear rules as to when shoulder to shoulder is fair and when it is a foul and this clearly was a foul. There isn't a grey area. Some may claim that it isn't always policed but to say it was fair as it was shoulder to shoulder is a gross misunderstanding of the rules of football.

The penalty was Coloccini 's fault he's been playing long enough to know if you do that in the box 9 times out of 10 they'll be given. Having said that Cattermole got away with murder all afternoon he's a dirty player. But they were there for the taking even when we were down to 10 men we had the fire power to out gun them.

Best performance in the derby for ages. It's one of those penalties that often isn't given, but by the letter of the law the ref is right to award it. Never a red card though, ludicrous by the referee to send off Colo for that. Colo has to shoulder most of the blame for the defeat as, with 11 men we definitely would have taken all three points, even if we did go into the break a goal down.

Mitrovic cut a frustrated figure for most of the game, I felt.

Lascelles was all right when he came on, I'm guessing it'll be him or Dummett & Mbemba in the centre while Colo serves his suspension.

There were mackems in the pub and not a single one thought 3-0 was a fair reflection of the game, they all said it was 100% a penalty, but a soft red. They think they'll survive because of Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich being shit. And they disagreed wholeheartedly that they've had an easy start to the league, or that ours was one of the hardest.

:lol:

Ewerk will say when he's finished arguing with you Ausman. Thank you very much.

:lol:

I'm sure you right, I bet he's the type if there wasn't anybody in the room he would start an argument with himself.

I hate seeing "strong" centre forwards go down instead of staying on their feet but that's the way it is and he shouldn't have given him the chance.

My biggest complaint is still the leniency he showed. Could easily have booked O'Shea after 20 seconds and Fletcher after 2 minutes. Obviously you know who committed at least 4 bookable offences and that's not counting his worst challenge which wasn't even given as a foul or the two pens within 5 seconds. To see a ref in the 80th minute count out 4 tackles and still just warn him after booking Tiote holding up two fingers warrants Coddington level hatred in my book.

I hate seeing "strong" centre forwards go down instead of staying on their feet but that's the way it is and he shouldn't have given him the chance.

My biggest complaint is still the leniency he showed. Could easily have booked O'Shea after 20 seconds and Fletcher after 2 minutes. Obviously you know who committed at least 4 bookable offences and that's not counting his worst challenge which wasn't even given as a foul or the two pens within 5 seconds. To see a ref in the 80th minute count out 4 tackles and still just warn him after booking Tiote holding up two fingers warrants Coddington level hatred in my book.

Couldn't fathom how Cattermole didn't get a yellow.

Couldn't fathom how Cattermole didn't get a yellow.

Being very, very generous, the mackems argue sometimes that refs see his name as a target and maybe this cunt decided to go against that deliberately. That doesn't excuse him playing the same game with Tiote.

Being very, very generous, the mackems argue sometimes that refs see his name as a target and maybe this cunt decided to go against that deliberately. That doesn't excuse him playing the same game with Tiote.

:lol: so he wasn't booked because of his reputation for being a dirty shit, despite supporting that reputation with foul play?

Refs man, a breed apart, aren't they?

No. We won't agree to disagree. There are clear rules as to when shoulder to shoulder is fair and when it is a foul and this clearly was a foul. There isn't a grey area. Some may claim that it isn't always policed but to say it was fair as it was shoulder to shoulder is a gross misunderstanding of the rules of football.

Shoulder to shoulder isn't a foul in anyone's book. Sorry

Quote it then. Because the game I grew up playing, you are allowed to contest a 50 50 ball shoulder to shoulder shoulder.

And if that rule has been changed, we can officially say football is no longer a contact sport and that we were hugely unlucky anyway because that rule is rarely enforced as we saw from the rest of yesterday's game

Quote it then. Because the game I grew up playing, you are allowed to contest a 50 50 ball shoulder to shoulder shoulder.

And if that rule has been changed, we can officially say football is no longer a contact sport and that we were hugely unlucky anyway because that rule is rarely enforced as we saw from the rest of yesterday's game

They werent contesting the ball though. The ball was a good few yards in front of them and not within distance of them.