The Saturday Night stopping in thread

Jusoda Kid

Just in from Chinese- it's their New Year starting tonight and since I'm on such good terms with the family who owns the best place around here (lovely folk, great sushi, there at least once a week) they invited me to join in their family meal. Excellent stuff although not at all what the standard american would expect- General Tsao's chicken this was not! Time now for a cuppa and then a movie or two.

85663[/snapback]

Sushi in a chinese restaurant? :steamtrain:

Just finishing off the prawn crackers with some sweet&sour sauce meself. :icon_lol:

85669[/snapback]

Look at it this way- us yanks are supposed to be an ignorant lot- thick as shite and unwilling to try anything new. We're used to having chinese restaurants here but to call your restaurant asian or japanese just isn't going to float. Hence- the logic to just call it all chinese, keep the masses happy with a chinese buffet, but for those few souls who have an adventurous appetite expand the menu to open up a whole new section on the market/business that no one else does. :P Does that explain it a bit better for you Brock?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from Chinese- it's their New Year starting tonight and since I'm on such good terms with the family who owns the best place around here (lovely folk, great sushi, there at least once a week) they invited me to join in their family meal. Excellent stuff although not at all what the standard american would expect- General Tsao's chicken this was not! Time now for a cuppa and then a movie or two.

85663[/snapback]

Sushi in a chinese restaurant? <_<

Just finishing off the prawn crackers with some sweet&sour sauce meself. :)

85669[/snapback]

Look at it this way- us yanks are supposed to be an ignorant lot- thick as shite and unwilling to try anything new. We're used to having chinese restaurants here but to call your restaurant asian or japanese just isn't going to float. Hence- the logic to just call it all chinese, keep the masses happy with a chinese buffet, but for those few souls who have an adventurous appetite expand the menu to open up a whole new section on the market/business that no one else does. :steamtrain: Does that explain it a bit better for you Brock?

85738[/snapback]

Just trying to set aside cultural stereotypes we all have that's all :icon_lol:

Which reminds me, I simply MUST go back to the all-you-can-eat chinese restaurant in Fleet. They even have aromatic duck and that's expensive :P

I shall be staying in tonight....looking forward to MOTD :o

Absolutely shattered, busy week and out last night, up early this morning and went out to a 90th birthday lunch earlier.

Good day though, both my teams won :doubleact:

Any good films on tonight ??? :doubleact:

89084[/snapback]

I could set up a webcam so you can watch me working (that says "working") all night... :suicide:

89104[/snapback]

Think I'll pass on that one but thanks for the offer..... :o

I shall be staying in tonight....looking forward to MOTD  :suicide:

Absolutely shattered, busy week and out last night, up early this morning and went out to a 90th birthday lunch earlier.

Good day though, both my teams won  :doubleact:

89115[/snapback]

First time I've looked forward to motd in ages. :o

I shall be staying in tonight....looking forward to MOTD  :blush:

Good day though, both my teams won  :doubleact:

89115[/snapback]

First time I've looked forward to motd in ages. :jihad:

89145[/snapback]

me too...i suppose it will be Hanson and Lawro as pundits..they will be raving :suicide::o

Had a good game last night, let one in but the ref disallowed it for player in the crease. So I said "i'll give you your fiver later" :doubleact:

Oh and I had to save two 1 on 1's which I was quite chuffed about. :o

Ok none of you care but I don't mind.

Had a good game last night, let one in but the ref disallowed it for player in the crease. So I said "i'll give you your fiver later"  :suicide:

Oh and I had to save two 1 on 1's which I was quite chuffed about.  :blush:

89398[/snapback]

:doubleact::o

:jihad:

Had a good game last night, let one in but the ref disallowed it for player in the crease. So I said "i'll give you your fiver later"  :suicide:

Oh and I had to save two 1 on 1's which I was quite chuffed about.  :blink:

89398[/snapback]

89400[/snapback]

Puck bunny tbh :blush:

Oh and I had to save two 1 on 1's which I was quite chuffed about.  :blush:

89398[/snapback]

89400[/snapback]

Don't encourage him. He failed to keep a shutout, it's not good enough.

Had a good game last night, let one in but the ref disallowed it for player in the crease. So I said "i'll give you your fiver later"  <_<

Oh and I had to save two 1 on 1's which I was quite chuffed about.  :nufc:

89398[/snapback]

;):D

:blush:

89400[/snapback]

Don't encourage him. He failed to keep a shutout, it's not good enough.

89600[/snapback]

Even the great Stevie Lyle or Trevor Koenig can't shut the 5-hole in time sometimes :nufc:

Even the great Stevie Lyle or Trevor Koenig can't shut the 5-hole in time sometimes ;)

89943[/snapback]

I think we need our resident cryptographer, Wacky, to have a look at this one.