The Saturday Night stopping in thread

Jusoda Kid

Anyone else tonight then, or just me? :unsure:

85611[/snapback]

looks like it's me too......got episodes 8, 9 and 10 of the second series of lost to watch tho.....entertainment :lol:

85612[/snapback]

Grr you just *had* to say that!

I had a great day planned.. go to the pub for the match, meet up with some friends in town (including someone who has all the episodes of Lost that have been shown in the second series for me on DVD ;) ) then out for the night..

Instead I've been at home throwing up all day and with a banging headache. Great. :razz:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too :lol:

Women trouble. I attempted to understand one. Didn't get me anywhere. Now I'm meeting up with her Friday to patch things up. Until then I'm staying off the drink...!

:unsure:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Anyone else tonight then, or just me? :razz:

85611[/snapback]

looks like it's me too......got episodes 8, 9 and 10 of the second series of lost to watch tho.....entertainment :unsure:

85612[/snapback]

Grr you just *had* to say that!

I had a great day planned.. go to the pub for the match, meet up with some friends in town (including someone who has all the episodes of Lost that have been shown in the second series for me on DVD B) ) then out for the night..

Instead I've been at home throwing up all day and with a banging headache. Great. :rolleyes:

85613[/snapback]

just poured myself a "small" Baileys with four lumps of ice...mmmm ;) do you want me to update you on the "shaft" ???? :lol:

Edited by Radgina

Might nip up to the shop to get me some bottles of Steliara, but don't know if its a good idea....!

85621[/snapback]

It's always a good idea on a saturday night ...... :lol:

Maybe I should play my guitar.. a lad at work just did me a CD of backing tracks for Dream Theater, Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen etc.. It will be sheer comedy to see my attempts at mimicking those guys.

Anybody know of any website that explains how to play the accousic guitar....in picture diagrams...!?

85645[/snapback]

Just having a look for a decent website, how much of a beginner are you? I'm assuming it's a steel string acoustic; have you got calluses yet?

I got a similar package when I got my first (and only) acoustic. The video was never watched and I obtained another when I got my next guitar, which was electric. Both were put in as part of a 'package deal' when I recently sold my acoustic to a friend, still in their original plastic wrapping. :P

Just wing it Boyo, you'll be fine. :steamtrain:

Just got my got my guitar.

This is where I got it from :P

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/cata...d%20karaoke.htm

The guitar tutorial aid is shite, tbh

85651[/snapback]

Grand for a beginner,and no nasty steel strings to cut your fingers to shreds! Easy, learn a few chords (I'd suggest Em,E,G,A,Am,C,D,Dm & F last) and find a few songs you like to practice. You'll find everything you need online if you search google for "song title guitar tabs" or similar, and if you don't know how to read tab, it's easy:

This site looks all right:

http://guitar.about.com/library/blhowtoreadtab.htm

The only boring bit I would recommend is hitting each string individually when you're first practicing a chord to make sure they all sound all right. I'm assuming even with that being a classical guitar you don't want to play in the classical style, not really worth it at the moment.

Cheers matey, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.  :steamtrain:

I think what I need to do thou possibly in future is start taking guitar lessons as it looks to be a very frustrating procedure when your new to this.  :P

85656[/snapback]

No hassle, I meant to say that, if you want to learn just commit to like 15 minutes a day and if it's getting frustrating just walk away until the next day. If you stick to practicing songs that you like listening to it's grand, learning guitar should be fun... or something equally cheesy.

Just in from Chinese- it's their New Year starting tonight and since I'm on such good terms with the family who owns the best place around here (lovely folk, great sushi, there at least once a week) they invited me to join in their family meal. Excellent stuff although not at all what the standard american would expect- General Tsao's chicken this was not! Time now for a cuppa and then a movie or two.

Just in from Chinese- it's their New Year starting tonight and since I'm on such good terms with the family who owns the best place around here (lovely folk, great sushi, there at least once a week) they invited me to join in their family meal. Excellent stuff although not at all what the standard american would expect- General Tsao's chicken this was not! Time now for a cuppa and then a movie or two.

85663[/snapback]

Sushi in a chinese restaurant? :P

Just finishing off the prawn crackers with some sweet&sour sauce meself. :steamtrain: