Feminazis

Park Life

To each their own. Along with most other people I don't know nearly enough to make a qualified statement on the matter but as long as they're not hurting anyone else then good luck to them. To try and ban a well known feminist for having an opposing view on an area where there isn't really a consensus is simply a case of student feminist twats being twats.

Agreed. I've met a handful of transgender men/women over the years in my field. If someone feels they are in the wrong body then who is anyone else to tell them otherwise?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I've met a handful of transgender men/women over the years in my field. If someone feels they are in the wrong body then who is anyone else to tell them otherwise?

What do they say? What's the basis for this?

One of the best writers I've read on this subject is Silvia Federici, her book Caliban & The Witch is well worth reading, even by those who don't necessarily have an interest in Feminism but want to read a well written and researched history on the transition from Feudalism to Capitalism.

there's a PDF of the book here.

Looks good that. No doubt whatsoever Capitalism has been at war with women.

Mate of mine is trans. On hormones and all that. Don't fully understand it it, but having known him a while, it came as no shock. Was never comfortable as a straight man, not even as a gay man, happiest and most comfortable I've seen him is as a straight woman.

Mate of mine is trans. On hormones and all that. Don't fully understand it it, but having known him a while, it came as no shock. Was never comfortable as a straight man, not even as a gay man, happiest and most comfortable I've seen him is as a straight woman.

Must be quite a tortured existence for him, the guilt, the shame, people laughing at him etc. Anyway, enough about his friendship with you, how's his life as a transgender?

;)

One of the best writers I've read on this subject is Silvia Federici, her book Caliban & The Witch is well worth reading, even by those who don't necessarily have an interest in Feminism but want to read a well written and researched history on the transition from Feudalism to Capitalism.

there's a PDF of the book here.

I'll have a read of that at some point, cheers.

In general terms. :lol:

We have continuing professional development training in the team fortnightly and a few weeks ago we had the gender dysphoria consultant give a talk. She basically said its 100% a genuine condition, it has nowt to do with being straight or gay and there are stringent assessments/rules in place to ensure treatment is only given when necessary.

For example I know a patient half way through treatment who has had their transition suspended indefinitely because they are self harming/misusing drugs and alcohol at the minute. They don't just chop knobs off willy nilly

We have continuing professional development training in the team fortnightly and a few weeks ago we had the gender dysphoria consultant give a talk. She basically said its 100% a genuine condition, it has nowt to do with being straight or gay and there are stringent assessments/rules in place to ensure treatment is only given when necessary.

For example I know a patient half way through treatment who has had their transition suspended indefinitely because they are self harming/misusing drugs and alcohol at the minute. They don't just chop knobs off willy nilly

:lol:

uKNBBiR.gif

I'll have a read of that at some point, cheers.

That was a reply to Rayvin, but that book should be required reading for everyone :lol:

Going off your previous post I would say have a look at the work of Judith Butler, she's written extensively on the areas you mention.

Edited by RedfernMag

That was a reply to Rayvin, but that book should be required reading for everyone :lol:

Going off your previous post I would say have a look at the work of Judith Butler, she's written extensively on the areas you mention.

Aye, I know, just peaked my interest, mate. I'll have a look at Judith Butler on Amazon now.

76e58e3f2055e43af6ae0a854547981d.png

This is another area where I don't think feminism does itself any favours. Yes it's probably unfair that they should be taxed but how much does that tax actually cost them? Half a penny per tampon? It isn't exactly on the same level as what the suffragettes fought for.

When the BBC ran with the quote I assumed it was accurate.

SNP MP Alison Thewliss added: "It is absurd that while men's razors, children's nappies and even products like Jaffa Cakes, exotic meats and edible cake decorations are free from VAT, women are still having to pay additional costs on what is already an expensive yet vital product."

This is another area where I don't think feminism does itself any favours. Yes it's probably unfair that they should be taxed but how much does that tax actually cost them? Half a penny per tampon? It isn't exactly on the same level as what the suffragettes fought for.

Sure it's an unfair taxation, but it's cheap!

:lol:

I'm happy for tampons being tax-exempt, anything that makes that week more bearable for them and thus more bearable for me, is grand. I'd be content with chocolate being tax exempt if the lady produces a freshly painted rag as well.

VAT should be scrapped on everything bar cars and fuel. Tax on the poor.

its a very efficient tax and hard to evade. Inequality is better addressed through tax credits.

Oh bugger ;)

Just found out about the Greer thing at Cardiff Uni.

Obviously, Greer should not be censored just because her ideas may cause offence. However, I do kind of enjoy it that the militant feminists are starting to cannibalise their own.

This is the manifestation of the modern notion that every 'idea' is an avenue toward causing offence. It's the ridiculousness of reducto ad absurdum practised entirely without irony. Professional offence takers are attempting to kill freedom of expression. They misrepresent arguments, aggressively avoid dialogue, and attempt to censor by way of accusations of bigotry. The discussion in the Saudi thread is an example of this crap.

There is nothing wrong with the core of feminist ideas. It's about equality. Every society should strive for equality.

The notion of feminism, however, has been hijacked by fuckwits. Every nobly intentioned minority group is suffering the same fate. The atheist community, for example, suffers from the same infiltration of left-wing regressive nutjobs. This forum has HF. ;) It's everywhere.

Anyway, my main concern is that, in the end (tinhat on), governments will use this bullshit to justify further censorship of the media, and, especially, the internet.