Bournemouth V Newcastle // Premier League // Saturday 7th November // 12:45 // Dean Court

Anorthernsoul

Last week against Stoke, Newcastle dominated the pitch with the majority of possession and managed a total of 16 shots over the course of the 90 minutes.

Unfortunately for the Tyneside outfit Stoke goalkeeper, Jack Butland, was in career-best form and managed a handful of pivotal saves to keep the game nil all.

If Newcastle are able to bring their form into this weekend’s fixture, Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe will likely have to call on the man between the sticks to make a couple of crucial saves.

The dilemma that Howe now faces is whether or not to stick with starting goalkeeper, Artur Boruc, who has been in disastrous form of late; or to pass on the shot-stopping duties to Australian, Adam Federici.

Team News:

Howe’s decision of who to field in goals may be made for him, with Boruc nursing a hip/thigh injury. Whether or not Howe has options in goal will come down to the fitness of the Polish International.

Also under an injury cloud are Cherries players Steve Cook and Christian Atsu, both of which will have to complete late fitness tests before inclusion in this weekend’s lineups.

Newcastle rap sheet of injuries offers them very little respite coming into their clash with Bournemouth. Massadio Haidara and Daryl Janmaat are both in doubt, while it has been confirmed Newcastle will likely go the rest of the season without first-teamer Tim Krul in goals.

Head to Head:

Geographic opposites within England, the two sides have only met on six prior occasions- in a period stretching from 1963 to 1992. Unlikely to have any real weighting on the course of Saturday’s game, each side has managed two wins in that period, with an a pair of draws also on the record.

Prediction:

Expect two sides playing as if it were a cup-final. Both bosses will understand the importance of the game and will, no doubt, stress it to their players. Premier League relegation battles often come down to a difference of only a few points and both these clubs seem likely to be tangled in a bottom of the table scrap come May.

However be cautious of a Newcastle side that hasn’t managed a win in a dozen away matches- remembering that droughts are made to be broken.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we score the first goal we can just hit them on the break; something we are actually decent at, as seen against Norwich. I think we can score 2, 3, maybe even 4 because of our counter-attacking abilities. I have faith we're going to finally win on the road.

0-2 to the Toon.

Edited by Haydnator

If we score the first goal we can just hit them on the break; something we are actually decent at, as seen against Norwich. I think we can score 2, 3, maybe even 4 because of our counter-attacking abilities. I have faith we're going to finally win on the road.

0-2 to the Toon.

That's us fucked then.

What's happening with the keeper?

Colo playing rush/roman goalie?

That's us fucked then.

What's happening with the keeper?

Colo playing rush/roman goalie?

I think we can finally score against this lot. Conceded 7 goals in their last two, including a 1-5 home mullering. They do play decent stuff tbf but so have we since the Chelsea game.

And Woodman will be in goal probably. Although I would prefer a more experienced 'keeper but at a stadium like Dean Court, an 18 year old won't feel as much as pressure than he would playing at SJP or at any other PL 35k+ stadium, so let's see what he can do.

imagine going on 5 away trips to see 1 fucking goal all season, then still buying a ticket to sodding Bournemouth.

Salute anyone going, but you're mental if you're going.

I've been waiting for this game for nearly 25 years :lol:

edit...just to say if it was all just about the football away support at football matches wouldnt really exist..

Edited by PaddockLad