Bournemouth V Newcastle // Premier League // Saturday 7th November // 12:45 // Dean Court

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for this game for nearly 25 years [emoji38]

edit...just to say if it was all just about the football away support at football matches wouldnt really exist..

Traveling 360 mile to add a stadium to a trainspotter type list isn't any less mental ;)

Traveling 360 mile to add a stadium to a trainspotter type list isn't any less mental ;)

As hmhm says afcb is the club closest to where I live in Poole. I can understand what you're saying but a lot of the lads I know are all mostly 38 games a season types. One lad hitched hiked to Ascoli in the Anglo Italian cup in 92. He wouldn't know a spread sheet from a bed sheet though...suffice to say football "anorakism" comes in many forms, and am not having a dig at you in any way (you're plainly a very smart lad and your blogs/articles are great and contribute hugely to seeing the owner of nufc for exactly what he is) but for me it seems it's a different side of the same coin.

As hmhm says afcb is the club closest to where I live in Poole. I can understand what you're saying but a lot of the lads I know are all mostly 38 games a season types. One lad hitched hiked to Ascoli in the Anglo Italian cup in 92. He wouldn't know a spread sheet from a bed sheet though...suffice to say football "anorakism" comes in many forms, and am not having a dig at you in any way (you're plainly a very smart lad and your blogs/articles are great and contribute hugely to seeing the owner of nufc for exactly what he is) but for me it seems it's a different side of the same coin.

Aye. Like I say, I salute them. Also realise my spreadsheets are a bit mental too [emoji38]

I think the lad gets a hard time. He's a competent 2nd choice keeper, done well from playing non league to representing his country. I was sat in CLS cricket club with him last year and he seemed canny (he plays for them sometimes strangely enough)

Lee Mason is the ref. I dunno if we're going to get some officiating on our favour this time.

Last time we had a penalty: Manchester United away, Boxing Day 2014. It was given in the 87th minute when we were 3-0 down. Wasn't exactly a game changer.

Last time an opposition has received a red card: Norwich 0-0 Newcastle, 28th Jan 2014. Given to Bradley Johnson after pushing Loic Remy, who was sent off also.

All seem a long time ago. Whether it's referee's never give us owt or we have barely had the ball to be fouled in the past 18 months. Most likely the latter.

Everything seems a long time ago when you're eleven, or whatever.

15 next month, actually. I guess that you think that would be the case as you're probably about 30 and you're reminiscing all the time about when you were a 'free' man. ;)