OK - Lets pretend the Fat Freddie sacks Souness in

Lazarus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mam was talking to me about a replacement yesterday and said 'what about David Pleat?'

Her neighbours were a bit puzzled as to why I was putting down a patio at 1am.

83260[/snapback]

:(

The thought of Pleat 'dancing' across the pitch after saving us from relegation on the last day of the season is gonna give me nightmares tbh :o

My mam was talking to me about a replacement yesterday and said 'what about David Pleat?'

Her neighbours were a bit puzzled as to why I was putting down a patio at 1am.

83260[/snapback]

The thought of Pleat 'dancing' across the pitch after saving us from relegation on the last day of the season is gonna give me nightmares tbh :o

83362[/snapback]

Wonder if he still has the beige suit?

I've said it before but i think one of the most important traits our possible new manager must have is that he likes the current group of players. For all we know Hitzfeld has been approached and said yes conditional to bringing in all of the players he wants.

It's got to work with this lot plus a couple of cheap additions inthe summer.

It's Newell, everyone knows

83437[/snapback]

Another Shearer appointment then?

83442[/snapback]

I've said for a while that Newell and Shearer might actually be a good outfit, but people always dismiss this, without telling me why Newell would be such a terrible choice. And yes, you get all these allegations about him having a drinking problem with seemingly nothing to back it up at all but hearsay and tittle tattle. So come on people (not necessarily you Alex), where's the hard evidence?

Of course, Newell can never come to SJP now, because he's proven himself to not be corrupt, so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

Didn't Hartlepool fans hate Newell?  Despite him taking them up (Chris Turner did most of the ground work though) I'm sure they were desperate to get him out.

83450[/snapback]

Well if they did I'd like to know why. And he's doing OK at Luton so far.

It's Newell, everyone knows

83437[/snapback]

Another Shearer appointment then?

83442[/snapback]

I've said for a while that Newell and Shearer might actually be a good outfit, but people always dismiss this, without telling me why Newell would be such a terrible choice. And yes, you get all these allegations about him having a drinking problem with seemingly nothing to back it up at all but hearsay and tittle tattle. So come on people (not necessarily you Alex), where's the hard evidence?

Of course, Newell can never come to SJP now, because he's proven himself to not be corrupt, so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

83448[/snapback]

They might be a good outfit but if he were to come here I see it as being due to his connection with Shearer. In other words, it's 'jobs for the boys' (AGAIN!) rather than casting our net as wide as possible.

Didn't Hartlepool fans hate Newell?  Despite him taking them up (Chris Turner did most of the ground work though) I'm sure they were desperate to get him out.

83450[/snapback]

83455[/snapback]

They hated him because the team we're running away with the league and just scraped promotion, he fell out with most of the team, sold some of the best players, and was a pisshead and a womaniser of epic proprtions, not really setting an example is it?

83450[/snapback]

83455[/snapback]

They hated him because the team we're running away with the league and just scraped promotion, he fell out with most of the team, sold some of the best players, and was a pisshead and a womaniser of epic proprtions, not really setting an example is it?

83459[/snapback]

Well that's fair enough then! But at least he's honest. :(