OK - Lets pretend the Fat Freddie sacks Souness in

Lazarus

Hoddle?

A lot of negatives but surely not as bad as many people we could have.

82930[/snapback]

Fuck off. The worst choice imaginable. :o

82935[/snapback]

Ah...the intelligent banter of the mighty Renton.

:(

Maybe they should ask you to do it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big question here is are we a "big" club? Teams we were supposed to have been competing with have gone to get high-profile, and also foreign managers who have been succesful in their own country.

We were supposedlt a big club. We got Souness. We could either be looking at the likes of Hiddink/Hitzfeld/Le Guen etc, or Dowie, Warnock, Jewell - I cannot see Liverpool would have taken the previous three managers, having just beaten us to 4th when they applied Benitez.

Hoddle?

82930[/snapback]

Fuck off. The worst choice imaginable. :razz:

82935[/snapback]

82943[/snapback]

No, a moronic suggestion from you AF, what a surprise. :o

What's Hoddle done in his managerial career to deserve the job? He's a complete loony who even manged to lose the England dressing room for God's sake. He would be an absolute disaster here.

A big question here is are we a "big" club? Teams we were supposed to have been competing with have gone to get high-profile, and also foreign managers who have been succesful in their own country.

We were supposedlt a big club. We got Souness. We could either be looking at the likes of Hiddink/Hitzfeld/Le Guen etc, or Dowie, Warnock, Jewell - I cannot see Liverpool would have taken the previous three managers, having just beaten us to 4th when they applied Benitez.

82953[/snapback]

We are a big club in the most important aspects - fan-base and support, revenue, etc. Don't forget that before Souness we also got Dalglish, Gullit and Robson, who are/were undeniably big name managers. The timing and manner of Robson's dismissal is why we ended up with Souness, and this is all down to Shepherd and the board. The best we can hope for now I think is someone who can stabilise us and avoid relegation in the short-term, with a plan for a long-term change of manager in the summer. I have no confidence Shepherd will do this successfully though.

Hoddle?

82930[/snapback]

Fuck off. The worst choice imaginable. :razz:

82935[/snapback]

82943[/snapback]

No, a moronic suggestion from you AF, what a surprise. :o

What's Hoddle done in his managerial career to deserve the job? He's a complete loony who even manged to lose the England dressing room for God's sake. He would be an absolute disaster here.

82959[/snapback]

He's better tactically than most managers out there....the way the team played against Italy for the 0-0 and the second half against Argentina (after Beckham got sent off) were good examples of that.

I agree he's got a lot to learn about man management, but it seems that Souness is seriously lacking in BOTH departments whereas Hoddle is only lacking in one.

I wouldn't want him on a long contract but I'd be happy to see him here for the rest of the season instead of Souness.

I put his name out as he's probably a better manager than many we get linked with...Bruce and O'Leary to name but two.

He's better tactically than most managers out there....the way the team played against Italy for the 0-0 and the second half against Argentina (after Beckham got sent off) were good examples of that.

I agree he's got a lot to learn about man management, but it seems that Souness is seriously lacking in BOTH departments whereas Hoddle is only lacking in one.

I wouldn't want him on a long contract but I'd be happy to see him here for the rest of the season instead of Souness.

I put his name out as he's probably a better manager than many we get linked with...Bruce and O'Leary to name but two.

82974[/snapback]

I agree that tactically he seems fairly astute tactically, and that is something we have been seriously lacking with Souness, but we need so much more than that. Also, he wouldn't even work in the short-term, because Shearer hates him and his dodgy methods (faith-healers etc). And rightly so as the man himself would say.

I don't think putting some other terrible candidates up as possible choices of Shepherd is a good argument to support Hoddle tbh. I also don't think those appointments are going to happen - surely Shepherd isn't that stupid.

82974[/snapback]

I agree that tactically he seems fairly astute tactically, and that is something we have been seriously lacking with Souness, but we need so much more than that. Also, he wouldn't even work in the short-term, because Shearer hates him and his dodgy methods (faith-healers etc). And rightly so as the man himself would say.

I don't think putting some other terrible candidates up as possible choices of Shepherd is a good argument to support Hoddle tbh. I also don't think those appointments are going to happen - surely Shepherd isn't that stupid.

82982[/snapback]

:(:o

Yeah..that's true, I forgot about that little fly in the ointment :razz:

No....but it always helps to have a few names in the frame...I accept we're unlikely to ever appoint Hoddle OR O'Leary....but somehow it helps to give perspective to the people we HOPE to get...ie Hitzfeld, O'Neill, Deschamps etc

Keegan as a short term manager.

Whatever you say about Keegan tactically, in my opinion, he is the best motivator in the world of football, and that is exactly what we need right now.

82880[/snapback]

Agree, and only he knows if he can recapture the momerntum he had before.

Assuming he was then short term, I don't see why Allardyce would want the England job just yet, he would be a good manager for us because he employs all the modern training and treatment techniques, his planning is meticulous, he motivates and manages top players who have been around a lot, and lastly he's a builder. Every year Bolton have improved under him, he'd be here for the long haul and I for one would give him time.

Keegan as a short term manager.

Whatever you say about Keegan tactically, in my opinion, he is the best motivator in the world of football, and that is exactly what we need right now.

82880[/snapback]

Agree, and only he knows if he can recapture the momerntum he had before.

Assuming he was then short term, I don't see why Allardyce would want the England job just yet, he would be a good manager for us because he employs all the modern training and treatment techniques, his planning is meticulous, he motivates and manages top players who have been around a lot, and lastly he's a builder. Every year Bolton have improved under him, he'd be here for the long haul and I for one would give him time.

82998[/snapback]

I agree with Keegan short term and Allardyce in the summer.

Fat Fred has to go and try and get the best out there like Hitzfeld and Le Guin and work down from there if they turn him down.

The fact is if he offers them serious money, points out we are a club who was able to both afford and attract Michael Owen (even though not 1st choice we still got him), that we have 50,000 every match and under a good manager can be in europe every year and ultimately we are a big challenge for any manager who wants to seriously test themselves!

And as people have said there is always the shot term option and new manager in the close season. Surely by now we've reached the point where everybody realises that ANYTHING is better than Souness and he has to go now.

Hoddle?

82930[/snapback]

The most ridiculous thing you've ever come out with tbh....

and that's saying something! :(

Hoddle?

82930[/snapback]

The most ridiculous thing you've ever come out with tbh....

and that's saying something! :(

83115[/snapback]

Just throwing another name into the mix....

He's a better manager than Souness with a lot of tactical nouse and experience.

I don't particularly like the guy but I'd rather see him here than Bruce or O'Leary which plenty of people have suggested in the past.

There is the very relevant fact that he and Shearer don't get on, but considering Shearer is publicly backing Souness still, and given that he has an ego bigger than his wage packet, I'm not necessarily taking his opinion as being the very best for the club.

I'm going to side with AF on this one. I don't see Hoddle as being 'the worst' or 'ridiculous'.

He has something our current manager lacks: coaching and organisational ability; He also has international experience and the ability to handle pressure at the highest level.

Ok, so his beliefs are a bit, er, different. But so what if he's a good coach who gets results?

I'm going to side with AF on this one. I don't see Hoddle as being 'the worst' or 'ridiculous'.

He has something our current manager lacks: coaching and organisational ability; He also has international experience and the ability to handle pressure at the highest level.

Ok, so his beliefs are a bit, er, different. But so what if he's a good coach who gets results?

83136[/snapback]

Whatever he has, he's a timebomb, he has few social skills, let alone management skills, so it's only a matter of time before he loses the dressing room.

83136[/snapback]

Funny really, I was just adding a fairly qualified candidate and thinking outside the usual suspects...

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice tbh....my heart says Keegan could give us a 3 or 4 month lift....enough to get us into Europe...after that who knows.

83136[/snapback]

Funny really, I was just adding a fairly qualified candidate and thinking outside the usual suspects...

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice tbh....my heart says Keegan could give us a 3 or 4 month lift....enough to get us into Europe...after that who knows.

83142[/snapback]

Make no mistake, there is no way he would be my first choice either.

83136[/snapback]

83142[/snapback]

Make no mistake, there is no way he would be my first choice either.

83144[/snapback]

*makes no mistake* :razz::razz::o

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

83136[/snapback]

:o

83142[/snapback]

No-one can get this team into Europe now, forget it, it's gone. Avoiding relegation should be our priority and I'm not sure Souness is capable of doing that. :(