Newcastle V Leicester City // Premier League // Saturday 21st November // 15:00 // SJP

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea on the result, but Vardy's going to be well up for it for obvious reasons - best we can hope for there is that the pressure gets to him.

If the team that's begun to start playing well turns up, I think we'll win this with something to spare. If the Bournemouth team turns up, we'll lose. This will be followed by wailing and gnashing of teeth as Leicester are a team that, historically speaking, we should be beating - but which, this year, may just be too good for us.

Just stick Mbemba on Vardy.

Its not just Vardys pace thats the problem though, he doesn't give defenders a second on the ball without hassling them and, according to a mate of mine who's seen him play in the flesh a few times, hes also that kind of player who it always just kicking a bit, nipping and niggling at his opponents.

He's basically a total shit to play against, I'm not sure Mbemba or Colo are composed enough on the ball to deal with that for a full match.

Vardy reminds me of Bellamy for us. I don't think he's got as much quality as Bellamy but he's always wanting to be involved and setting the tone for his team. I don't think he's international class and I find it ridiculous some of the teams that are being talked up as interested in him, but he's very usefull player for team outside the top and fair play to him for getting to where he is now.

Its not just Vardys pace thats the problem though, he doesn't give defenders a second on the ball without hassling them and, according to a mate of mine who's seen him play in the flesh a few times, hes also that kind of player who it always just kicking a bit, nipping and niggling at his opponents.

He's basically a total shit to play against, I'm not sure Mbemba or Colo are composed enough on the ball to deal with that for a full match.

Sounds like the sort of player Colo will get frustrated with and lash out on, similar to when Suarez was at his heels for a match and he ended up hoofing him.

Sounds like the sort of player Colo will get frustrated with and lash out on, similar to when Suarez was at his heels for a match and he ended up hoofing him.

:lol: Exactly my thoughts. It's just a matter of whether Colo uses his trusty elbow, goes the headbutt, or falls back on an old fashion kicking. All good options.

Vardy's a good player on a brilliant run of form. He's a nuisance and has a knack of being at the right place at the right time, however I doubt he's going to be as prolific always. He's in the form of his life, a bit like Cisse a few years back. He's brimming with confidence and all and so will definitely be a handful but still not something Mbemba and co at their best should be panicking about.

Personally Im more concerned about our midfield, and the distribution from Anita/Tiote after the Bournemouth horror show. Desperately need someone to calm things down in the centre.

Edited by aimaad22

Yeah. I totally agree. It seems like Vardy is a decent goal poacher on an insane run of form. His pace will always be something that causes Colo trouble though so hopefully everyone else at the back can cover for the slow bastard.

Vardy's a good player on a brilliant run of form. He's a nuisance and has a knack of being at the right place at the right time, however I doubt he's going to be as prolific always. He's in the form of his life, a bit like Cisse a few years back. He's brimming with confidence and all and so will definitely be a handful but still not something Mbemba and co at their best should be panicking about.

Personally Im more concerned about our midfield, and the distribution from Anita/Tiote after the Bournemouth horror show. Desperately need someone to calm things down in the centre.

That's probably what Watford thought.

and West Brom

and Crystal Palace

and Southampton

and Norwich

and Arsenal

and Stoke

and Aston Villa

and Bournemouth

;)