Newcastle V Leicester City // Premier League // Saturday 21st November // 15:00 // SJP

Anorthernsoul

Maclaren;

"Football kicks you right where it hurts. Today was a setback, but not a typical performance - very disappointing and we need more consistency. Full credit to Leicester - no excuses for today. We were poor today. Only thing we can do is get back to work on Monday and work hard to put it right. Bournemouth result may have masked today's performance. International break didn't come at a good time. Understand's the fans frustrations."

4337050.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maclaren;

"Football kicks you right where it hurts. Today was a setback, but not a typical performance - very disappointing and we need more consistency. Full credit to Leicester - no excuses for today. We were poor today. Only thing we can do is get back to work on Monday and work hard to put it right. Bournemouth result may have masked today's performance. International break didn't come at a good time. Understand's the fans frustrations."

4337050.jpg

:lol:

Very much this. Am struggling through Touching Distance at the moment. Every time I pick the thing up I end up fuckin fuming and put it down after a couple of chapters when I compare then to now. I understand things have changed in football overall in the two decades since but ffs the club is a fuckin husk. Theres nothing in it of any substance.

stop paying to watch us then ffs :lol:

I dont really have any faith in McLaren to turn it around. I fear only some new players in Jan and a new manager will give us the shot in the arm required to climb away from danger. The players look gutless, clueless and giveafuckless.

I dont really have any faith in McLaren to turn it around. I fear only some new players in Jan and a new manager will give us the shot in the arm required to climb away from danger. The players look gutless, clueless and giveafuckless.

New players might paper over the cracks for a few months. We got a few in over the summer but didn't get rid of nearly enough. There is a reason behind our squad not giving a shit. I can't identify it but there must be a nucleus of the squad who simply don't give a shit and it's spreading to the rest of them. I know it sounds backwards but we do need a few 'honest pros' in there to lead the way. Preferably some with talent to match the attitude.

Edited by ewerk

Losing isn't a big deal to them.I wouldn't imagine it affects their weekend in any way.They probably don't have any interest in watchiing MOTD and no fuckin interest whatsoever in discussing their performances either on the day or the next time they are together as a group.They couldn't give a fuck about us,the shirt or the club.They can fuck on until the end of the season and still earn a fuckin fortune.They don't give a fuck and there is nothing Brolly or Ashley can do about it.

The media have stated that it was Tiote that was 'poisoning' the dressing room. After that display yersterday and most others this season you can add every other player to his name. Sissoko wants away but if he keeps on playing like he has he would be lucky to turn out for Hartlepool. I don't kmnow McClarewn's training mehods but it would appear he sets them out to play defensively no matter whether we are playing home or away. Which is great if you have a half decent defence but with the likes of Colo, Dummett etc. we do not. Fans have had a lot of faith in Mitro but game by game he seems to be going further and further back. How can Gini score 4 goals in one match yet not even turn up for other games? Why do all our players look a yard slower than every other team we play? Until we lose the likes of Dummett, Colo, Anita, Colback, Tiote, Cisse, Obertan we will be struggling forever. If Ashley doesn't sanction a big spend in January without involving McClaren or Carr we could go down. Unless major changes are made my forecast for relegation is Sunderland, Villa and either us or Norwich.

Watch Janmaat for the goals.For the first he jogs back at his pace to ensure he is nowhere near a position to be able to defend,so nothing new there.For the second he has a quick glance to see where the immediate danger is,which was nowhere near where he went,no surprise there,and Leicester scored number two and for the third,he brought cowardice to a new level.Watch the goals again then try if you fukin dare to defend the cowardly cowardly twat

Leicester City made to look like Real Madrid

We have quite a history against Leicester. Certainly in the years I've supported the club. If my memory serves me right, in the 30 years I've had as a Newcastle fan the only time a 5-4 result has appeared is against Leicester. Both in 1990 bizarrely, the first was one of the most incredible games of football I've ever witnessed, as we came from 2-4 down with 10 minutes left, to win 5-4 with a truly magnificent turn and goal sending the Gallowgate in to heaven in stoppage time from Mark McGhee. I was 13 years of age and the celebration sent me 60 yards across the corner. 12 months later it was 5-4 to Leicester this time, as Filbert Street reaped its revenge. The year later we had a game viewed at the time as THE most important game in the clubs history with it being the final game in the 91/92 season. Leicester were high in the table, we were 21st and knew a defeat could quite possibly relegate us to the third tier for the third time in our history. We led 1-0 till the 89th minute when Steve Walsh equalised. 65 seconds later Walshy scored again this time in his own net prompting a pitch invasion from two sets of fans which lasted for ages. Anyway with Plymouth losing we didn't need the win or even the draw, but we didn't know that at the time.

Since then we've had other epic encounters with Leicester. The 1993 promotion season ended with a 7-1 hammering of them (who made the play offs) and it was 6-0 at Half Time. Shearer scored his first hattrick for the club against The Foxes again with United facing a two goal deficit at 1-3 down with 77 minutes gone. The 4-3 win was an epic. It was a weird game, not least because Heskey looked so good I thought he was going to be England's second Shearer. During Dalglish's reign one of the best games was a 3-3 draw with Leicester and there have been several other moments between the clubs.

I won't forget any of those games. Leicester are not a big club but we've had so many classics with them for some reason. More than we've had with anyone else in my time supporting the club. So despite our start to the season, I was genuinely looking forward to Saturday. Sitting in my Leazes perch I thought it would be a game with lots of goals. I even stupidly placed a bet with us winning 4-2 considering our last 16 games at home to them the record stood at W14 D1 L1.

So 3pm we rise to respect the 129 people who lost their lives in Paris while looking forward to an interesting game of football. 450pm we average 27 swear words a minute, put a 1 in front of the 27 in my case. It was utterly horrific. Horrific. We lost 0-6 to Liverpool in 2014, that was Pardew's worst game as our manager, I honestly think this Leicester game was as bad, if not worse. This is a club who don't have half of our fanbase or turnover or history, who we genuinely made look like a top class team. I don't want to take anything away from Leicester because they played us off the park, they were better from back to front and showed a degree of confidence that we haven't had for years.

We played like a team who don't respect their manager. We played like a team who don't have a game plan. We played like a team who would struggle in the Championship. We played like a team who are relegation certainties. Steve McClaren talks at length about how the club is on its backside. The same club are the 19th richest on earth, have the 11th highest gates in Europe and spent £50m in the summer. Four months into a new managerial role, I don't think it's out of order to hold managerial sections of the club responsible for our hideous place in the table. I guarantee you now (yes this is just an opinion) a manager who gains instant respect from his players (look at Liverpool) would not have a club in relegation trouble like we are. This line about our squad being abysmal, is the answer as to why we are so poor at the moment according to the masses and it's bollocks. This squad should should be mid-table. I'm not saying we are Real Madrid, but how can such a poor side score 6 goals in the Premier League like we did against Norwich? How can such a so called hopeless dominate teams who are in the Champions League like Man City (utterly dominated for 45 minutes) and Chelsea? We've played well in patches, but the bottom line is I think the team far from respect Steve McClaren who needs to find a solution fast or end up in the same situation he found himself with England, Twente, Nottingham Forest, Wolfsburg and Derby....SACKED!

Leicester City made to look like Real Madrid
We have quite a history against Leicester. Certainly in the years I've supported the club. If my memory serves me right, in the 30 years I've had as a Newcastle fan the only time a 5-4 result has appeared is against Leicester. Both in 1990 bizarrely, the first was one of the most incredible games of football I've ever witnessed, as we came from 2-4 down with 10 minutes left, to win 5-4 with a truly magnificent turn and goal sending the Gallowgate in to heaven in stoppage time from Mark McGhee. I was 13 years of age and the celebration sent me 60 yards across the corner. 12 months later it was 5-4 to Leicester this time, as Filbert Street reaped its revenge. The year later we had a game viewed at the time as THE most important game in the clubs history with it being the final game in the 91/92 season. Leicester were high in the table, we were 21st and knew a defeat could quite possibly relegate us to the third tier for the third time in our history. We led 1-0 till the 89th minute when Steve Walsh equalised. 65 seconds later Walshy scored again this time in his own net prompting a pitch invasion from two sets of fans which lasted for ages. Anyway with Plymouth losing we didn't need the win or even the draw, but we didn't know that at the time.
Since then we've had other epic encounters with Leicester. The 1993 promotion season ended with a 7-1 hammering of them (who made the play offs) and it was 6-0 at Half Time. Shearer scored his first hattrick for the club against The Foxes again with United facing a two goal deficit at 1-3 down with 77 minutes gone. The 4-3 win was an epic. It was a weird game, not least because Heskey looked so good I thought he was going to be England's second Shearer. During Dalglish's reign one of the best games was a 3-3 draw with Leicester and there have been several other moments between the clubs.
I won't forget any of those games. Leicester are not a big club but we've had so many classics with them for some reason. More than we've had with anyone else in my time supporting the club. So despite our start to the season, I was genuinely looking forward to Saturday. Sitting in my Leazes perch I thought it would be a game with lots of goals. I even stupidly placed a bet with us winning 4-2 considering our last 16 games at home to them the record stood at W14 D1 L1.
So 3pm we rise to respect the 129 people who lost their lives in Paris while looking forward to an interesting game of football. 450pm we average 27 swear words a minute, put a 1 in front of the 27 in my case. It was utterly horrific. Horrific. We lost 0-6 to Liverpool in 2014, that was Pardew's worst game as our manager, I honestly think this Leicester game was as bad, if not worse. This is a club who don't have half of our fanbase or turnover or history, who we genuinely made look like a top class team. I don't want to take anything away from Leicester because they played us off the park, they were better from back to front and showed a degree of confidence that we haven't had for years.
We played like a team who don't respect their manager. We played like a team who don't have a game plan. We played like a team who would struggle in the Championship. We played like a team who are relegation certainties. Steve McClaren talks at length about how the club is on its backside. The same club are the 19th richest on earth, have the 11th highest gates in Europe and spent £50m in the summer. Four months into a new managerial role, I don't think it's out of order to hold managerial sections of the club responsible for our hideous place in the table. I guarantee you now (yes this is just an opinion) a manager who gains instant respect from his players (look at Liverpool) would not have a club in relegation trouble like we are. This line about our squad being abysmal, is the answer as to why we are so poor at the moment according to the masses and it's bollocks. This squad should should be mid-table. I'm not saying we are Real Madrid, but how can such a poor side score 6 goals in the Premier League like we did against Norwich? How can such a so called hopeless dominate teams who are in the Champions League like Man City (utterly dominated for 45 minutes) and Chelsea? We've played well in patches, but the bottom line is I think the team far from respect Steve McClaren who needs to find a solution fast or end up in the same situation he found himself with England, Twente, Nottingham Forest, Wolfsburg and Derby....SACKED!

:up: Completely agree there mate.

We lost 0-6 to Liverpool in 2013 though. Two weeks after the first 0-3 derby. I remember it well for all of the wrong reasons, and I'll remember yesterday as well. Completely agree with you on the basis that yesterday was just as bad if not worse. Imagine if we were playing a Manchester United or City, or a Spurs or a Liverpool right now (who we have in two weeks :thumbup: ). Would have been double figures.

And if McClaren knew that he had lost the players, wouldn't he walk like he did at Nottingham Forest and his second spell at Twente?

We've never been in the third tier, Stevie. I'll put that down to a typo. ;)

I remember those games well especially the two 5-4 games as I was at both, I also recall them beating us up here 4-1 which was a bit of a shock to me as a kid as I thought they were shite, (didn't realise Lineker and Smith would have good careers at the time).

Don't think we'll go down but there is a general lackluster approach among some of the players especially Sissoko in these games where we struggle to get purchase. Mitro is still pretty green from what I've seen and our weird persistence with 2 DM's really stifles our attacking play cause neither are box to box. This is all compounded by the fact that McC doesn't seem to be a great motivator of men.

Edited by Park Life