Newcastle V Leicester City // Premier League // Saturday 21st November // 15:00 // SJP

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know their in good form but surely we're capable of dispatching these at home.

Best hope is if our forwards are up for it, can't see us keeping them out.

I was sitting in "The Corner", a few in our row had done one when Heskey scored. My dad used to refuse to leave even at the worst times, we went mental when that 4th went in. I miss the atmosphere of that period, the passion, the will to win. Even the quality on the pitch.

Going to the match these days pales in comparison to those days. I thought a club was supposed to evolve?

I guess this is just another sad part of the history book of Newcastle United, just like it was from 1997-2000 & 2006-2009.

I liked the Hughton period. One and a half of a brilliant season under Pardew. All the rest I've seen: shite.

And I fear that due to the money in the game now, will we ever reach the heights of where we were under Keegan and Sir Bobby? Or that 5th season?

I was sitting in "The Corner", a few in our row had done one when Heskey scored. My dad used to refuse to leave even at the worst times, we went mental when that 4th went in. I miss the atmosphere of that period, the passion, the will to win. Even the quality on the pitch.

Going to the match these days pales in comparison to those days. I thought a club was supposed to evolve?

Think that was the first game where I ended up several rows down and several seats across from where I started, and that was in the East Stand!

These days people can barely bother their arse to stand.

I'm strangley confident we could win this. It's Leicester, man. They almost went down last season and none of their fans wanted the tinker man. How good can they be all of a sudden? Time to puff our chests out and start playing like Newcastle United at supposed to play at St James.

Cue embarrassing home defeat

I'm strangley confident we could win this. It's Leicester, man. They almost went down last season and none of their fans wanted the tinker man. How good can they be all of a sudden? Time to puff our chests out and start playing like Newcastle United at supposed to play at St James.

Cue embarrassing home defeat

You sounds like someone on RAWK meltdown.

Yeah. I totally agree. It seems like Vardy is a decent goal poacher on an insane run of form. His pace will always be something that causes Colo trouble though so hopefully everyone else at the back can cover for the slow bastard.

"We will be doing ­everything so that he won’t be scoring against us.

“We’ll have to prepare for him. I hope we can stop him.

“But we know that won’t be easy as he is so quick.

“We have some quick defenders, though.

“I’m not sure who is the fastest, maybe me."

“Whoever is up against Vardy, we’ll have to be ready for him.

“It’s not just that pace – he’s a good player and very confident right now.

“He is doing so well for Leicester.

“He has scored nine in a row, and he will be looking to continue that against us.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Not only does he have somebody pen his letters but now somebody has stolen his voice box.

I think playing the French national anthem at Premier league games this weekend is a load of bollocks.

When did they ever play any national anthem before league games when there were similar Islamic actions in other tragedies world wide?

Was it done for 9/11 in New York? A lot more than 129 dead in the Twin Towers tragedy, and quite a few Brits among them.

I'm sorry but I think it's bollocks.

I suppose there's a lot of French players in the league so that could be a reason but I agree it's bollocks really. I'm all for showing a bit of repect for the dead and their families but this really has nothing to do with football and they're just dragging it out. Seems like more of an attempt to score points than anything else.