Newcastle V Leicester City // Premier League // Saturday 21st November // 15:00 // SJP

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it tho Howay is we have no players other than what he's putting out. So many have no heart or tie to the club because that's what they've come for, get in the premier league be seen , be sold. We're buying on that principle ..

I still think we are playing better football than the last 2 seasons, problem is better than really dire isn't enough.

Signings this year have been good , cabella/thauvin aside.

Until he has decent options he doesn't take I can't see what the problem with selection is...

What an absolute crock of shit, that was. Terrible to watch, completely void of tactics. None of the players wanted the ball the whole fucking game. People saying Leicester aren't a good team, you need to have a word with yourselves. I wish we had the Tinkerman.

It's the most important role at the club and McClaren just doesn't look up to it. Our last two appointed managers (I'm not including Mike Bassett tribute act, John Carver, as that is too obvious) had both been recently sacked by lower league teams before they came to us.

Aye his track record is worrying tbh. Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan (to try and get fans on side but he had been out of work for years), Hughton, Pardew, Bassett and now McClaren, all the cheapest option he thought could do a job and as you say a good few of them had been sacked by lower league sides and the others either had no experience or had been out of football for years.

The way I see it tho Howay is we have no players other than what he's putting out. So many have no heart or tie to the club because that's what they've come for, get in the premier league be seen , be sold. We're buying on that principle ..

And any of those players who want a move to a bigger side know that they need to play well to get that move. They aren't doing that.

And any of those players who want a move to a bigger side know that they need to play well to get that move. They aren't doing that.

Maybe they love the club so muchthat they are playing bad,so nobody will buy them. Yeah right!!!

It's the players more than the manager I blame, they are fucking heartless!

They are getting paid all of that money and they could not give a fuck about the club. Zero effort, zero quality. If I was that inept at my job I'd be sacked.

And it's the manager's job to manage and motivate his squad. Everyone at the club needs to take a share of the responsibility.

I still think we are playing better football than the last 2 seasons, problem is better than really dire isn't enough.

Signings this year have been good , cabella/thauvin aside.

Until he has decent options he doesn't take I can't see what the problem with selection is...

I agree to a point but I think the players are better than what we're seeing (I don't think they're great mind).

We got completely bossed by Bournemouth who had a central midfield of Surman and Gosling, our central midfielders are without doubt better than them two. There just doesn't seem to be any sort of tactic other than trying to retain the ball, no real runs are made etc. I agree the players should also shoulder blame because they simply aren't performing but I'm really struggling to see much of an improvement tactically over the Pardew/Carver shite and while I was happy to give McClaren time it's starting to get a bit worrying as he has had 5-6 months now to make some sort of impact.

And it's the manager's job to manage and motivate his squad. Everyone at the club needs to take a share of the responsibility.

Certainly, we are tactically clueless without doubt. But the players just aren't committed to the cause, tackles are half arsed. Passes are half arsed, crosses are half arsed. Even if you're not playing well you should give 100%, make it difficult for your opponent.

There is none of that. Absolutely abysmal from top to bottom. These are playing at the top level, I am wondering how the fuck they got there with this level of performance.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

The club is rotten from the top, still. Fuck all will change until the fat man explodes like Mr Creosote.

Very much this. Am struggling through Touching Distance at the moment. Every time I pick the thing up I end up fuckin fuming and put it down after a couple of chapters when I compare then to now. I understand things have changed in football overall in the two decades since but ffs the club is a fuckin husk. Theres nothing in it of any substance.

High hopes my fucking arse!

For 90 minutes we never looked like we would score, for 90 minutes we never looked like we could win.

On 75 minutes there was a mass exodus of fans from the stands, and who could blame them for leaving a disaster area.

Wijnaldum was pretty much anonymous and played like a pansy.

Sissoko should have worn a blue shirt, not because he's French, but because most of his last touches went to them.

Where the fuck was Janmaat or Mbemba on that free header second goal?

Dummett was useless in defending and not much cop going forward.

Can't fault Mitrovic cos he got little to no service to work with.

Can't fault Elliot for the goals except perhaps the third one.

Having doubts about McClaren as a motivator of men. Thought he would have had them all fired up and playing like they meant it.

Changing Cissé for Mitrovic & Perez with De Jong was pretty pointless as they weren't getting supplied with the ball. As for McClaren I didn't think he was the man for the job especially when he had to be offered it 3 times. We might be out the bottom 3 but if we keep playing (I use the term loosely) like this we will be relegated not one of our players was interested today.

Worse than Sheffield Wednesday that. Bloody hell. I don't know how that's possible. We've seen those sort of performances for the past 3 or 4 years. It has to stop but when will it? Did everyone have on off day or are we really that bad? I'm starting to believe the latter.

We never come back from going a goal behind, NEVER.

So why does McClaren set us up defensively? Surely we are best playing to our strengths and taking the game to them?

That is the only way we will ever win games, none of the players seem happy with his tactics.

Maclaren;

"Football kicks you right where it hurts. Today was a setback, but not a typical performance - very disappointing and we need more consistency. Full credit to Leicester - no excuses for today. We were poor today. Only thing we can do is get back to work on Monday and work hard to put it right. Bournemouth result may have masked today's performance. International break didn't come at a good time. Understand's the fans frustrations."

Maclaren;

"Football kicks you right where it hurts. Today was a setback, but not a typical performance - very disappointing and we need more consistency. Full credit to Leicester - no excuses for today. We were poor today. Only thing we can do is get back to work on Monday and work hard to put it right. Bournemouth result may have masked today's performance. International break didn't come at a good time. Understand's the fans frustrations."

We should have lost 10-1 at Bournemouth but for the keeper, that performance was equally as bad.