England

TobamorisRevenge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34816702

(cant believe given bottled, saying: eng are shiite)

call for sam allardyce for england :P

logic being as we cant out play teams, have to stodge them into submission!

Mind since bechkam left, we can even do good free kicks!

the reality being, england are all at sea and a real mess.

Edited by TobamorisRevenge

Does anyone really give a fuck about England. It's about as interesting as watching us under Pardew but I just don't feel compelled to watch like I do with us. I might watch tonights game or I might watch Masterchef and catch up with Fargo.

That said I'm booked up to go to Berlin at Easter when we play as well as France for the Euro's.

Does anyone really give a fuck about England. It's about as interesting as watching us under Pardew but I just don't feel compelled to watch like I do with us. I might watch tonights game or I might watch Masterchef and catch up with Fargo.

That said I'm booked up to go to Berlin at Easter when we play as well as France for the Euro's.

Nope.

But I've "begrudgingly" agreed to let her watch one of her shows instead.

cashback-o.gif

Decent game tbf, though clearly we caught France on a night where they had other thing on their minds. Some good performances. Kane looked sharp, linked up well with Rooney, who played better than I've seen in a while. A young and energetic midfield played nicely on the counter attack. And stones looks the best prospect at centre half since Rio Ferdinand. That's it, we're going to win the euros.

Edited by Dr Gloom

to the bbc post. It fucks me off so much reading such arrogant shit as that.

Saying "England are second tier" is so disrespectful to so many clubs.

Look, if you FUCKING QUALIFY for the world cup or euros, then you most certainly are in the top tier you fucking muppet. those that didn't qualify might be 2nd third forth tier.

Bet the authors a fucking yank. Winners and losers and that's it.

Qualification is a piece of piss now tbh. Teams are, quite rightly, judged on how they do at tournaments. Second rate is probably more apt.

Agreed, we qualify but don't really stand much chance of winning any of the tournaments so I'd say second rate is a fair description.

We can field a team that are all Premier League level players but very few of them are top level players and I wouldn't class any of them as world class. Most of the squad comes from sides like Everton, Spurs, Southampton and Liverpool, whereas teams like Germany, Spain and Italy have squads consisting mainly of players from Bayern, Barca and Juve level sides. We're just one of the sides making up the numbers of the tournaments and have been for a long time.

There are over 190 countries in the world. if the "top tier" consists of only 1 country (the one that won) then I'll accept that. Otherwise its arrogant pish.

I think the top tier is those that have a shot at winning tournaments, it has been a long time since England had a really realistic chance of winning one (probably Euro 2004). We're a fairly average International team and I think calling us a second tier team is fair (the type of team that is good enough to qualify for tournaments but is really just making up the numbers).

Would you say Wales is a top tier national side? I know they hadn't qualified for a tournament from the 1950's to 2016 but International football is a quick changing environment and I don't think their history is really a factor in what their current team is capable of (see Colombia, a team I would consider top tier, as an example of that). I don't think Wales are a top tier side and I also don't think we stand much more chance of winning Euro 2016 than them.

I'd say the top tier is made up of teams like: Spain, Germany, Chile, Argentina, and Colombia (not saying that's it but just off the top of my head), England can't compete with any of them at the moment so we're in that second tier with sides like Switzerland, Belgium, Uruguay, France etc.