Would so love not to watch this

2QgZ7zw.png

Newcastle last 5 @ Selhurst Park

D 1-1

W 0-3

W 0-2 (Championship)

W 0-2

W 1-2

We've lost to Crystal Palace in the Premier League only once: a 1-2 defeat in 1998 at St James' Park.

NUFC record vs Alan Pardew sides

D 1-1 (away at Palace)

L 2-0 (away at Charlton)

W 0-2 (away at West Ham)

W 2-4 (away at West Ham)

D 0-0 (home to West Ham)

This will either go a way of Palace winning comfortably and us having to see Pardew's smug face on Sky and in papers all talking about how 'the Geordies are ungrateful, delusional pathetic bell ends who hounded this tactical genius and future England manager out of their club which they think is bigger than it actually is' or we somehow pull off a win. We all know which is the most likely.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still struggling to understand why the players are so half arsed. Is McClaren a shite motivator or is there credibility in the idea that some of the older players are having an effect on the dressing room. We've got a fair bit of deadwood that have been stuck here for a while. Colo, Tiote, Gouffran, Cisse etc. The dressing room needs a nucleus. One with a bit of energy and premiership experience.

As far as captaincy goes, Colo could do with some lessons from Nolan. He just doesn't seems to be doing anything on the pitch. We desperately need some one on the pitch to start screaming at the fuckwits.

Nailed on loss if he sticks with the same hideous mess we've seen lately. Whatever happens the Bournemouth result will mask the performance.

There is the possibility Pardew could relegate us at SJP at the end of April. :lol:

Im still struggling to understand why the players are so half arsed. Is McClaren a shite motivator or is there credibility in the idea that some of the older players are having an effect on the dressing room. We've got a fair bit of deadwood that have been stuck here for a while. Colo, Tiote, Gouffran, Cisse etc. The dressing room needs a nucleus. One with a bit of energy and premiership experience.

It's been noticeable for three seasons iyam. We've basically given up at various points every season since we finished 5th. It comes from the very top of the club, it's inherent in every single part of the set up. No one properly gives a fuck.

Edited by PaddockLad

It's been noticeable for three seasons iyam. We've basically given up at various points every season since we finished 5th. It comes from the very top of the club, it's inherent in every single part of the set up. No one properly gives a fuck.

If Ashley gave even a 1/4 of a fuck he'd have Charnley out of the door after appointing someone capable if running a premier league club. As for Carr, even with the club's strict limitations on player purchases and profiles, let's be honest, some have been fucking gash. Moncur should be left back in the corporate section talking about balmy nights in Budapest to the prawn sarnie mob.

As ever (in)actions speak louder than words.

I think that with most of Carr's signings we've seen in flashes that they have talent. They've just failed to progress and/or been largely inconsistent on the field. To me that looks more like a coaching failing rather than recruitment errors.

The hyperbole about Carr has been ridiculous. He signed a load of skinny cowards and bigamists.

He didn't sign anyone, he doesn't sign people.

Charnely is the one to look at, then Ashely.

We've had a lot of very good players recommended to us by Carr who haven't been signed in favour of cheaper options.

Ayew, Gomis, Lacazette and Aubameyang are ones I can think of off the top of my head, all gone on to do better than the players we signed in their stead.

The way we're playing I can't see us getting anything from...

Palace (a)

Liverpool (h)

Spurs (a)

Even Villa (h) after those games will be touch & go I can't help feeling this will be the relegation season for us.

After that "none performance" most managers would have had the whole team on the training pitch Sunday morning sharpish. Instead I'll bet these lot have been allowed to stroll in this morning with not a care in the world.

After that "none performance" most managers would have had the whole team on the training pitch Sunday morning sharpish. Instead I'll bet these lot have been allowed to stroll in this morning with not a care in the world.

Nope

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-players-told-were-nowhere-10483115

I think that with most of Carr's signings we've seen in flashes that they have talent. They've just failed to progress and/or been largely inconsistent on the field. To me that looks more like a coaching failing rather than recruitment errors.

He didn't sign anyone, he doesn't sign people.

Charnely is the one to look at, then Ashely.

We've had a lot of very good players recommended to us by Carr who haven't been signed in favour of cheaper options.

Ayew, Gomis, Lacazette and Aubameyang are ones I can think of off the top of my head, all gone on to do better than the players we signed in their stead.

:aye:

Don't get me wrong, there've definitely been some duds in there. We clearly followed Thauvin for some time and while our interest in other targets had cooled we stuck at Wor Flo.

I think Carr's advice would have reaped further rewards if Santon/Mbiwa/Ben Arfa/Cabella/Sissoko weren't played in a Pardew side. Hell Gouffran was shifted from reserve/rotation forward into a jobbing winger, then a defensive midfielder ffs, no wonder everybody think he's dog shit.

As Andrew has said, with a little ambition we could have signed 2 of Lacazette, Aubemyang, Gomis or Ayew. Plus whomever else we've looked at that hasn't caught the headlines because the position doesn't normally score goals. Alderweireld? How's that lad doing?

Carr's like this message board and Charnley/Ashely are CT. We can keep putting forward brilliant recipes, but you know damn well it'll be a duck pizza with a cherry tomato on top for dinner.