Crystal Palace v Newcastle United - Saturday 28th November 3pm Kick-Off

Haydnator

Fair enough I guess, but I'm pretty sure that all of our absolute canings this season have been with Elliot in goal. Not saying it's all his fault by any stretch, but we look so nervous when he's there...

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Dummett has played LB this season haven't we been complete shite defensively? Spells out something. I know we've always been shite defensively but haven't we been terrible at the back when he's at LB?

I remember early on Haidara being fucking awful too mind, it's hard to pick between the two of them really as I think they're both poor players. We definitely should have bought a left back in the summer and it still shocks me that we didn't as it was clear as day neither Haidara or Dummett were good enough.

Aye. I've got to say if I had to pick between them to play at LB it would have to be Haidara. I remember he was awful earlier in the season too Howay, it was the Watford game where he tried to nutmeg a Watford player and that lead to us losing the ball and Ighalo making it 0-1.

I just feel Colo is always having to cover two positions which isn't particularly ideal.

Loads of fans were saying sign a LB in the summer but the mongs upstairs failed to do so once again. I would say we should sign Jetro Willems from PSV but 1. It's another unproven young foreigner and 2. Would he even want to come anyway?

I thought the blame would somehow end up with Elliot.

I've been pretty consistent on my dismay that Elliot plays for us. He's a League 1 keeper at best and I have no doubt that Krul would have turned some of these shellackings into more respectable scorelines if not necessarily made any real difference in terms of points. I just think the whole team looks nervous whenever he's playing.

because you've been consistent in your criticism of Elliot shouldn't have any relevance on Elliot's current form which has been very good.It sounds to me that no matter how well Elliot plays,Krul would perform better.Are you happy with Krul when he shits his pants 3 yards from goal when free kicks are put into the danger area

If they want to come here, there's something wrong with them. Anyone that wants to be part of this shitshow has got problems.

We're a stepping stone club. It's going to take a couple of seasons of heavy investment to change that perception.

From Solako, Palace coach.

“What we said in the dressing room was ‘listen, let’s not let this side get up. Knock the spirit out of them and then they will go’,” he said.

“I feel for Steve (McClaren), you could see him shaking his head afterwards – the frustration; but the team really did let themselves down. When they went up they were full of confidence and we still had a belief. To equalise quite quickly knocked the stuffing out of them and you could just see their heads going down. There was no belief.
“It was a complete contrast (to Monday). Alan Pardew said it, we hate playing against Sam Allardyce because they’re dogged. They came with that back five, they’d been working on it, they were just going to frustrate us, make it difficult, keep the crowd quiet.
“And Newcastle didn’t do that. They didn’t earn the right to win that game and in the end they let us walk all over them. Steve’s got a tough job – he’s got Liverpool and then Spurs and he’s got to galvanise that squad. It’s all about the spirit, they’ve got to go dogged.
“They’ve got to stop conceding. Three at home against Leicester, you need to shore up the defence and stop them scoring and maybe get a 0-0 or nick one. Once you get a win you can build on that.”

I've never heard an opposition coach patter on about someone else's team like that. The King probably put him up to it.

Either that or he's still in the huff we lost interest in him once we knew we could get Daveed to the club instead.

he's right though. Even though we're getting fucking rolled by everyone we're still trying to play better football than last year. Id rather try play the way they are (or realistically CANT) and lose , hoping the players are learning. Fucking shocking how shit some of our players are. Poor Steve...

I feel sorry for McClaren. I think he's a decent bloke and gets what Newcastle United means. But when he took the job I think he was oblivious to just how apathetic and poor some of, if not all of the players were. He wants to play decent stuff and it was great for the first 4 games of the season, we had a bit of a rough patch (West Ham, Watford, Sheff Wed) but we picked up again (Chelsea, first half at Man City, Norwich, mackems, Stoke) and now, a patch which has turned everyone against the club again.