Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

Keegan is the same bloke who said

"Don't ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be, Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me."

Me and my family seem to be going down that route^ and I'm all for it. I've seen a load of people who have jacked it all in insult matchgoers like myself and accuse me of being an 'Ashley sympathiser or collaborator'. Sorry like, but what has their actions had an effect on and how will a boycott change anything? Look at Rayvin's post.

Ashley is apparently going to 'put his hands in his pocket' in January. I'm waiting till then to see if he approaches this the correct way, it's his last chance to do so before I'm joining a boycott.

Edited by Haydnator

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main plan was for a boycott of this whole season on principle. Why? Because I just knew how it would be spun in the media as the usual 'fickle NUFC fans' if the calls for boycotts only started after 10 or so games, once it was confirmed that McClaren would be taking us nowhere. People should still boycott, absolutely, but be in no doubt, those who only start now will still forever be classed as a big part of the reason this club has been thoroughly hollowed out, and may never recover. Our biggest competitive advantage when being run properly - the stadium capacity - has been steadily eroded these last few years, both because other clubs have expanded (with more to come - Spuds, Lollerpool, Wist Ham), and it's become less of a factor to other income streams anyway.

I'm not sure how a protest against Ashley would be received by the national media. They'll see it as us protesting against an owner who allowed us to have the second highest net spend in the league over the summer and who appointed and ex-England man as head coach along with an entire new coaching team. What more do we want from him?

I'm not sure how a protest against Ashley would be received by the national media. They'll see it as us protesting against an owner who allowed us to have the second highest net spend in the league over the summer and who appointed and ex-England man as head coach along with an entire new coaching team. What more do we want from him?

The foreign system of giving scouts sexy work names and allowing them as significant decision makers in who we sign are a load of bollocks in this country. One thing you can say about McClaren is he didn't choose one of them so can't be accused on that front.

Stevie the club we've all grown up supporting is gone mate the thing that used to make the toon buzz on a Saturday night is a distant memory. The life & soul of the club has been drained there's not even a proper game of football played at SJP now. If there's even a slight chance that boycotts & protests may work then the supporters in particular match goers owe it to themselves & the club to give it a go if called upon.

The foreign system of giving scouts sexy work names and allowing them as significant decision makers in who we sign are a load of bollocks in this country. One thing you can say about McClaren is he didn't choose one of them so can't be accused on that front.

Yeah but it's a system he has supported. Not that he was/is in a position to be making too many demands.

Stevie the club we've all grown up supporting is gone mate the thing that used to make the toon buzz on a Saturday night is a distant memory. The life & soul of the club has been drained there's not even a proper game of football played at SJP now. If there's even a slight chance that boycotts & protests may work then the supporters in particular match goers owe it to themselves & the club to give it a go if called upon.

Couldn't agree more.

Take the piss out of Willo's return, but if its to SACK colo out the fucking first team after his last 2 matches, I'm all for it.

Willo > Colo ... Can't believe I'm thinking that, but it's true. Colo's career at Newcastle should be over now, the fact he's stayed on a year and kept the armband has discredited him in my book, he's on the take. He has to know he's shit.... < stop rant >

In all seriousness though, thinking about this through the day made me think that this is normally the type of game where everyone say's beforehand that we're going to get shit all over, and then we end up putting in a decent display and maybe getting a point or three. This is exactly the kind of game we'll avoid defeat in. On the telly against a top side, the players will be playing out of their skin in this and the Spurs game only to go on and lose at home to Villa after them. See the Chelsea game for an example, which was on the back defeat in a pathetic showing at West Ham and home defeats to Watford and Sheffield Wednesday's reserve side.

Not this time though, the only conclusion I can come to about this time is we are going to get well and truly bummed.

Edited by Haydnator

Nee bugger hed owt te say aboot me suggested starting team but aa'm ganna dee it agin wi a couple changes, like.

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Mbabu

Perez Colback DeJong Wijnaldum

Mitrovic Cisse

OR......Dummet in place of Colo.

Sissoko in place of Colback

Inccidently, Perez has won an award as the best attacking midfielder albeit in a lowly division.

Edited by Noelie

Nee bugger hed owt te say aboot me suggested starting team but aa'm ganna dee it agin wi a couple changes, like.

........Elliot.......

Janmaat...Mbemba...Colo...Mbabu...Perez...Colback... De Jong...Wijnaldum

......Mitrovic....Cisse......

OR......Dummet in place of Colo

Inccidently, Perez has won an award as the best attacking midfielder albeit in a lowly division.

Wouldnt be surprised if he uses this formation Edited by trooper

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Mbabu

Perez Colback DeJong Wijnaldum

Mitrovic Cisse

OR......Dummet in place of Colo.

Drop Colback, I don't think he's fully fit yet. Move Gini into the middle and give Thauvin his chance on the left. Might actually get some crosses into the front 2 that way.