Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

Jose said it last season when we beat them, we raise our games against the better teams compared to when we play the supposedly weaker teams. Our bottling twats think they're good players and don't realise that they actually have to put in the graft to prove it. They think they can just turn up and be too good for the likes of Watford and Leicester. Until they get it into their heads that there are no easy games and you have to earn every result we'll continue to swing like we have the last two games. We can enjoy tonight but I really don't see that we've turned any corner and with the likes of sissoko and colo playing only when they feel like it , we never will.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly shows much testicular fortitude dropping two of the youngest players in the squad who are still learning their trade.

Aye especially as Perez came on and made a good run taking 2 defenders with him allowing Wijnaldum to break to the right and shoot for the first goal.

The last 10 minutes was the longest nail-biting 10 minutes I've ever suffered through.

Don't know where the fuck that referee got 5 minutes stoppage time from,, I was expecting about 1 or 2!!

Scared me when the Brolly-boy put Gouffran in.

DeJong did alright, I've always thought he could be an asset to us.

Can't pick anyone out who had a bad game.

Slaggers of Colo stand up and be counted. :glare:

Colocinni did put in a two footed challenge on Ibe which could have seen him walk, he had a canny game but he could have got himself sent off again and put us in a bad position if the ref had seen it properly.

"What went wrrrong to-die? Has the Klopp factor worn off? Geor-doys, do yow still want McClaren sacked? Dow yow know what yow are talking about? Call Collywobble now.......c'mon!!!!!"

:lol: :lol:

Aye read a bit of that too.

Move aside, Alan Parry, it appears that Martin Tyler is a massive Mag, a few slaughtered his Mag affections until he mentioned a '9-1' score and then the Mag accusations stopped for a bit. :lol:

Top dergs trophy will be heading back to Tyneside, in the anniversary week of the momentous 9-1 as well, must be galling for the poor lads.

It'll be that little bit harder to get out of bed and head down to the job centre queue to sign on for them lot tomorrow morning.

That bloke who mentions about 4 times in our match thread how much he hates us. Half the board's like essembee. All fucking slapping each other on the back for their rancid patter :lol:

That bloke who mentions about 4 times in our match thread how much he hates us. Half the board's like essembee. All fucking slapping each other on the back for their rancid patter :lol:

:lol: Aye they just call all of our players complete shite, get annoyed that the media rates our players more than theirs and then says "well he has done fuck all for weeks" after one of them plays well. Knackers to a man that lot.

The Newcastle fans that frequent that board and constantly attempt rational conversations with them baffle me man, may as well just smack your head off a wall all day it would probably do less lasting damage as well.

As pleasing as it was to check the result and find that we had actually not lost this game, it doesn't change anything for me, materially. We're still shit, and but for a lucky deflection and a bizarre decision from the officials, we'd have likely drawn or lost this. I would actually suggest that the fact we went a full half of football without conceding was the most encouraging thing - but I wonder if that wasn't just down to Liverpool not being arsed?

Anyway, what surprised me about this was that I hate Liverpool, and I just barely cared that we won. There was a flicker of excitement at the scoreline but it was caught up very quickly by the act of remembering how generally shit we are and all that's wrong with the club. I recall thinking I was over the emotion before the Norwich game, but that brought me all the way back again because it felt like we might be turning a corner. The bitter reality of what followed that, though, makes me hugely opposed to getting anything approaching my hopes up. This result does nothing for me in the overall scheme of things this season; if we get a result against Spurs, beat Villa, and start picking up some decent players in January, I'll probably come back around. Until that, 2-0 vs Liverpool is more likely another false dawn than anything of any real significance.

That said, I'm glad it wasn't another hammering. The difference presumably being that the team actually tried today.

You're right here and your previous post but fucking hell , cheer up :)

Even I enjoyed this victory.

Come on Noelie, if you knew anything about time travel, you'd know that had their goal counted, the remainder of the game would have played out completely differently and Wijnaldum would never have scored that goal. A basic knowledge of Back to the Future would tell you that.