Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Newcastle.

I looked at the Liverpool lineup before the game and just thought their team was shite. Milner, Lucas and Allen in Midfield? Awful.

I still think we'd get tonked though so it was pleasant surprise .

Colo got lucky a few times but seemed to lead a bit more. Dummet defended well and even Anita had a good game. Lets see if we can carry this on to next week.

It shows the depth of our squad when we have to bring on Gouffran in CM when Colback was tiring.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I think Moreno might have seen the flag go up too like. Might not have tried it otherwise. In any case, them being denied a legitimate goal makes the victory even sweeter. And I think we deserved it because we wanted it more. They lacked intensity.

Typical Newcastle.

I looked at the Liverpool lineup before the game and just thought their team was shite. Milner, Lucas and Allen in Midfield? Awful.

I still think we'd get tonked though so it was pleasant surprise .

Colo got lucky a few times but seemed to lead a bit more. Dummet defended well and even Anita had a good game. Lets see if we can carry this on to next week.

It shows the depth of our squad when we have to bring on Gouffran in CM when Colback was tiring.

Aye, the lack of options is a bit scary. Gouffran basically just put on and told to run around as much as possible. Which is all he offers anyway. Colback's dead ordinary as well.

I thought Anita had one of his better games for us. We definitely deserved

It for the way we pressed and battled throughout. Nice to see the Sky muppets focus on that as much as on how Liverpool didn't turn up.

McClaren must have said something to get through to them because that was a completely different side to the one that didn't turn up last week at Palace. Or maybe it is a case of them only fancying it against the bigger clubs, the fucking twats.

I don't know what Mitrovic has done to not even get off the bench.

I thought Anita had one of his better games for us. We definitely deserved

It for the way we pressed and battled throughout. Nice to see the Sky muppets focus on that as much as on how Liverpool didn't turn up.

McClaren must have said something to get through to them because that was a completely different side to the one that didn't turn up last week at Palace. Or maybe it is a case of them only fancying it against the bigger clubs, the fucking twats.

I don't know what Mitrovic has done to not even get off the bench.

Maybe he has tried his goal celebration out on Schteeve's missus.

I think he wanted legs in the last stage of the game and Mitro's not very mobile. I'd have put him on for Cisse with about 20 mins to go though but I can understand why he didn't. And he was right on this occasion so fairy muff.

I suppose the big question is will they turn up next week against Spurs, we're still in the bottom 3. It's ok winning an odd game here & there but we need to be consistent, nothings fixed by any stretch of the imagination. Yes it's nice to get the win & 3 points but we must carry it on.

I think Moreno might have seen the flag go up too like. Might not have tried it otherwise. In any case, them being denied a legitimate goal makes the victory even sweeter. And I think we deserved it because we wanted it more. They lacked intensity.

Apparently not according to the stats on MOTD 2. I wouldnt know, i didnt see the game as i spent yesterday afternoon on the Palace forums.

You're right here and your previous post but fucking hell , cheer up :)

Even I enjoyed this victory.

In the cold light of the following day, I must concede that it is a fairly dismal post. I dunno though, I don't think this result tells us anything new about the team. They're highly selective in games they'll bother playing in, and I don't think McClaren has any ability to influence that. As such, for most of the season, we're going to be utter shit.

what a shit report. it's like it was written by a liverpool fan - it's all about their failings and nothing about how we worked harder and pressed better.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/06/christian-benteke-static-liverpool-newcastle

Well it was written by their Liverpool reporter so it's no surprise that's what he focuses on.

Well it was written by their Liverpool reporter so it's no surprise that's what he focuses on.

Yes but this isn't for the Liverpool Echo. Completely impartial reporting for a national paper.

Yes but this isn't for the Liverpool Echo. Completely impartial reporting for a national paper.

Don't worry Louise Taylor has done the "northeast" reporting for this one.

So its mostly about Klopp

I know he scored 2 goals yesterday from LM but I think Wijnaldum needs moved inside, when he got on the ball yesterday (well the very few times he did) he looked composed and took the ball past their players with ease. Having him and Dummett on the left means we hardly see the ball down that side and everything comes down the right wing.

That's my read as well, everyone saw the flag/heard the whistle. Janmaat in particular quite obviously knew it had been blown. I'm not even sure it was a shot from Moreno. If the whistle wasn't blown chances are Morant's action would have been different and he would have been under more pressure. But, I don't care it's almost better to believe that he was trying to score and that noone heard the whistle.

While the medias pathetic reaction has been funny, I must admit it's a little sad to see that when a Premier League side beats another we see stuff like "The five reasons Liverpool lost to Newcastle United" and the BBC having Joey Barton dissect Liverpool's loss to Newcastle United.

Then people saying shite like "well it's because Liverpool's midfield was Lucas and Allen" fair enough but they were against Jack Colback and Vernon Anita so not really the most valid excuse is it? The Moreno goal is a fair moan as he was onside, Origi was off mind and he was in an active zone for sure and took defenders off Moreno, Alex may also be right that he may have saw the flag and just attempted it, in any case it's still no guarantee they would have won or even drew had that counted.

We were the better side, our players worked harder, ran further, pressed more and had more chances (despite there only being 1 on target each iirc), I just find it a bit daft that nowadays when one Premier League side beat another it is treat like a League two side just beat the Prem champions, the Bournemouth v Chelsea game saw a similar sort of theme and that wasn't a shock at all to me as Chelsea have been fucking shite all season.