Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't mind seeing if mitrovic and cisse work as a pair. cisse's never really had a big target man to play off.

perez deserves to start mind so i don't know how you fit them all in. maybe if you move sissoko back to centre mid.

Don't think Cisse played that well against Liverpool and De Jong looked understandably rusty. I think we'd have been more effective with Mitrovic in the team. Cisse put a canny shift in like and matching them for work rate was probably a big factor in the result. He never really looked like scoring though.

i wouldn't mind seeing if mitrovic and cisse work as a pair. cisse's never really had a big target man to play off.

perez deserves to start mind so i don't know how you fit them all in. maybe if you move sissoko back to centre mid.

Moussa's played best out wide though.

I'd be happy enough starting SdJ & Cisse, then exchanging the forward line for Mitrovic & Perez later on.

Don't think Cisse played that well against Liverpool and De Jong looked understandably rusty. I think we'd have been more effective with Mitrovic in the team. Cisse put a canny shift in like and matching them for work rate was probably a big factor in the result. He never really looked like scoring though.

That opportunity where we broke on them and Cisse had Colo and Sissoko (I think) in support. Papiss made the wrong decision every time. Either take it on his favorite right, or push it across for whomever was bursting into the box to his left.

When you lot talk about which team you would pick and who you'd play where and who you'd have making runs off who, I just want to pick you all up by the throat and end you. One by one.

I know what you mean. Football chat on a football message board, what's happened to the world eh?

Moussa's played best out wide though.

I'd be happy enough starting SdJ & Cisse, then exchanging the forward line for Mitrovic & Perez later on.

he's played well out wide. he's also frequently been complete dogshit on the wing.

i don't remember ever seeing him in the role yaya toure plays for city - one of the two holding players, but with a license to bomb on and support the attack. i think he could do a job there, if you were to drop one of colback or anita, which would then also free up a forward role.

When you lot talk about which team you would pick and who you'd play where and who you'd have making runs off who, I just want to pick you all up by the throat and end you. One by one.

oh, please.

there'd be three hits. me hitting you, you hitting the floor, the ambulance hitting 50mph.

he's played well out wide. he's also frequently been complete dogshit on the wing.

i don't remember ever seeing him in the role yaya toure plays for city - one of the two holding players, but with a license to bomb on and support the attack. i think he could do a job there, if you were to drop one of colback or anita, which would then also free up a forward role.

Never seen him perform well in the centre, despite him having all the attributes you'd want for that position. And despite him drifting central when he's supposed to be out wide.

:dunno: It is a cuntnundrum and no mistake.

I can't really fault Cisse's performances since coming back into the side but I would like to see de Jong and Mitrovic up front together. Two aerial threats up top so we can be a threat when we cross. Bit frustrated how McClaren seems to have no faith in Mitro. The fact he has no faith seems quite plausible as well as he started the season on the bench, which epitomises Newcastle United yet again displaying their philosophy on how to nurture and develop exceptional young players. With the right coaching, game time and players around him he could be turn out to be another great for us. Keegan did the same with and built a whole team around Andy Cole, why can't we do something similar? I would like to see Thauvin given a run of games as well. Perhaps from the Villa game onwards? I think he's alright personally. When he came on on Sunday he covered the left back position a couple of times fairly well and showed some good touches. IMO he's another one who has been fairly harshly treated with us. Hope doesn't lose interest here and looks for a move ASAP and continues with trying to impress in his cameos, forcing his way into the side. If McClaren continues with this 4-4-1-1 or whatever he should definitely be given a chance to be operating one of the flanks imo.

Edited by Haydnator