Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

We dont have the wide players to get crosses in. Maybe Thauvin but he doesnt start.

I'd stick with De Jong and Cisse at Spurs. They deserve another go. Hope Tiote is back so we can shift out Anita.

Anita won't get dropped, although he gave possession away more than any other player at the weekend people were raving about his performance. McClaren loves him aswell.

That first half from him was a joke, consistently gifting the ball back to them even when he wasn't under pressure. We get caught out from this more often than not.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really fault Cisse's performances since coming back into the side but I would like to see de Jong and Mitrovic up front together. Two aerial threats up top so we can be a threat when we cross. Bit frustrated how McClaren seems to have no faith in Mitro. The fact he has no faith seems quite plausible as well as he started the season on the bench, which epitomises Newcastle United yet again displaying their philosophy on how to nurture and develop exceptional young players.

With the right coaching, game time and players around him he could be turn out to be another great for us. Keegan did the same with and built a whole team around Andy Cole, why can't we do something similar?

I would like to see Thauvin given a run of games as well. Perhaps from the Villa game onwards? I think he's alright personally. When he came on on Sunday he covered the left back position a couple of times fairly well and showed some good touches. IMO he's another one who has been fairly harshly treated with us. Hope doesn't lose interest here and looks for a move ASAP and continues with trying to impress in his cameos, forcing his way into the side. If McClaren continues with this 4-4-1-1 or whatever he should definitely be given a chance to be operating one of the flanks imo.

Split them into paras so it's easier to respond.

1. Dunno what might be happening behind the scenes, blood & thunder wasn't we we need it's control & leadership. Mitro is only a kid and will be slowly introduced to the league, imo. I think if we were higher up the table we may still have been playing him sparingly, he's a volatile but promising talent. I wouldn't bet that we've written him off as of yet.

2. That's a recruitment issue, but I never like building a team around 1 player. One proper injury and you're entire focus is knackered. See What Dalglish did when he took over. Signed players to pivot around Shearer & had no idea what to do when he was crocked.

3. Thauvin is similar to Mitrovic for me, needs to be gently introduced. I'd expect him to get similar chances as he did v Liverpool. And then starts against weaker opposition.

Anita won't get dropped, although he gave possession away more than any other player at the weekend people were raving about his performance. McClaren loves him aswell.

That first half from him was a joke, consistently gifting the ball back to them even when he wasn't under pressure. We get caught out from this more often than not.

He didn't like.

Well he was nearly right, except that no one made more passes than Anita and only one player had a higher success rate. But apart from that.

Who had more? I've got VA completing 36/44, then GW next with 30/41.

CVuJ6bOW4AE8zpt.png

Watch the first half back, Anita consistently relinquishes possession needlessly. He's done it all season, fuck your shitty graphs.

The central midfield has been our biggest downfall this season. Anita and Colback isn't the partnership to take us forward.

Anita was getting grumbles where we were like.

He was almost perfect in his own half but 7 of the 18 passes he attempted in the opponents half didn't reach a teammate.

6 of his 8 passes into the final third failed.

Negativity bias dictates that people who don't like him will notice those especially.

Watch the first half back, Anita consistently relinquishes possession needlessly. He's done it all season, fuck your shitty graphs.

The central midfield has been our biggest downfall this season. Anita and Colback isn't the partnership to take us forward.

:lol:

You can prove anything with 'impartial evidence'

I agree that he's been shite all season, agree that those two aren't the pair to take us forward, but he was decent against Liverpool, as he was against West Ham. The worry for me is that he only pulls a decent performance out of his sizeable arse once every crisis.

Edited by The Fish

fuck off if Acuna was better than Anita. Holy fuck I wanted him to do so well as it reflected on Bobby but he was proper useless. Did score a goal though that I think I remember. End of discussion.

fuck off if Acuna was better than Anita. Holy fuck I wanted him to do so well as it reflected on Bobby but he was proper useless. Did score a goal though that I think I remember. End of discussion.

PBJ.

Anita is underrated on this forum, you're all sizist bastards. Colbacks the shite one . End of.

Oh and Cisse is a lesser aerial threat than SdJ .... really?

End of.

Anita might be short but he's got the arse of a colossus.

He's a boring cunt who lacks any personality which can be seen with his play on the pitch.

My mate does maintenance on his flat and he never goes out apart from training. Him and his lass sit in their dressing gowns most of the day. His lass is a minger aswell. Like a Dutch version of Jeremy Kyle.

Im not sure how anyone can rate Anita. He is definitely a weak link. He played well against Liverpool but he will never be physical or technical enough to be a good player in the PL. He just doesnt bring anything to the team.

I doubt he'd get many games for a championship team.