Newcastle United v Liverpool (6/12/15 16:00 ko Sky)

Haydnator

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went forward a lot more than Gilberto but I wouldn't class him as a box to box of the ilk of Gerrard and Lampard etc.

They are just completely different players to be honest. The only similar attribute is power.

It's not the only similar attribute, just ask Herr Gemmil.

He went forward a lot more than Gilberto but I wouldn't class him as a box to box of the ilk of Gerrard and Lampard etc.

They are just completely different players to be honest. The only similar attribute is power.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Vieira was a lot more than a powerful defensive midfielder in my book. He pretty much had everything - pace, aggression, vision, skill, power. As good going forward as he was defensively. He's exactly the type of box to box player Sissoko should aspire to play like.

He lacks consistency, you've just highlighted another difference, Gloom :lol:

that's what i said from the start though. he's shit for the majority of the season other than the two or three games when he turns up and suddenly looks like vieria.

agree aimaad about toure. he was immense that season when mancini used him as a deep midfielder, but would then move him forward just behind the striker when they were chasing it.

Aye. I bet he still tells that story down the pub.

Can't imagine Vieira down the pub, but he definitely wheels out that anecdote over a glass of chablis