Hey boys, show me yours and I'll show you mine..

catmag

Your handwriting, of course ;)

Got some medical notes through last night in the most flourishing, beautiful handwriting I think I've ever seen and was surprised to find they'd not only been written by a doctor (almost always illegible) but also a bloke (ditto)

So, are you decipherable? Or do you write like a girl? We also have someone who writes exclusively in capital letters which just makes him sound permanently angry. Show us yours then...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always amazed me that doctors were allowed to hand write things, surely people have died directly as a result of people not understanding it, or worse, misunderstanding it? My penmanship is exemplary, in part because I've had a few jobs where it was critical to product safety (medicines, dangerous machinery, etc) to be able to hand write notes in a one time only, no backsies, fashion. Not least since the presence of scribbled out and re-written words look extremely suspicious to safety inspectors (there's accepted procedures to cope with mistakes of course, but it's a real pain in the ass). I'd imagine the same is true in industries like aviation, where there's a need for someone to be able to go back and read notes that might have been made years previously, in order to determine if fitting a particular part to an aircraft is safe or not. Safety critical industries have long understood that the human is always the weak link in the chain, and so have learned to factor in things like poor hand writing (while also recognising that even worse mistakes can happen if people wait until they're at a computer to write things down, or are transferring notes from temporary pads onto official records).

It's always amazed me that doctors were allowed to hand write things, surely people have died directly as a result of people not understanding it, or worse, misunderstanding it?

They do tend to speak to us with regards to their plan for their patients like. And after 20 years you get used to deciphering what looks like dead insect trails on paper.

Small garden birds were never mentioned in the deal, Davey ;)

No they were not indeed, and one wouldn't assume to see them 'uncovered'. My apologies. They were second thing I noticed in Tilley's after your dazzling eyes. ;)